Розробки уроків - Англійська мова 8 клас за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк - 2016 рік
Unit 4. A DAILY, A WEEKLY, A MONTHLY
Lesson 64. IT'S TIME FOR READING
Цілі: формувати лексичні навички й навички вимови; вдосконалювати навички читання й усного мовлення; розвивати логічне мислення; виховування почуття доброзичливості й позитивне ставлення до читання.
Answer the questions.
1. Do you think that a newspaper reporter is an interesting job?
2. Would you like to be a reporter?
3. If you were a reporter what would you like to write about?
4. What skills should a reporter have to become successful?
Do ex. 1, p. 233.
Ask pupils to read the text for gist and answer the questions:
1. Who wrote the story?
2. What is the story about?
3. What is the main character?
Ask pupils to read the story again and give English equivalents to the following Ukrainian words and expressions:
• ризикована справа,
• заробляти на прожиття,
• діставатися берега,
Put the destinations of Nellie’s trip into the correct order.
• the Mediterranean Sea,
• San Francisco,
• the Pacific Ocean,
• New Jersey,
• the Red Sea,
• the Suez Canal,
• the Indian Ocean.
Cut out and shuffle the parts of the story. Students in pairs have to rearrange the sentences according to the text.
Elizabeth Cochrane sent her letter to a newspaper
Elizabeth Cochrane had an interview with the editor
Elizabeth Cochrane started to write about poor people
Elizabeth Cochrane began to work as a reporter in New York
Elizabeth Cochrane was very creative in her writing
Elizabeth Cochrane was given money for the trip
Elizabeth Cochrane visited a lot of countries while she was traveling
The people expected her stories about her trip around the world
She was greeted by many people on her way to New Jersey
After less than eighty days she returned home
Answer the questions.
1. Why did Elizabeth Cochrane write a letter to the newspaper?
2. Why did the editor decided to ask E. Cochrane for the interview?
3. Did Elizabeth Cochrane persuade the editor to give her a job?
4. What did women reporters write about at that time?
5. Did Elizabeth Cochrane write about the same things?
6. Why did she have to move to New York?
7. What was the main reason of her successful career?
8. Who did she meet in France?
Do ex. 2, p. 236.
Do ex. 3, p.236.
Discuss the items in ex. 4, 5, p. 236.
Do ex. 6, p. 237.
Write an article which should consist of:
• an introduction in which you give the name and location where you travelled to;
• a main body in which you describe the things happened;
• a conclusion which includes your comments or feelings.