Англійська мова. Граматичний практикум: збірник граматичних вправ для середнього рівня - 2018
ДІЄСЛОВО (THE VERB)
1. Make up sentences using the Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
1) Alan/to mow/the lawn/for forty minutes now. 2) You/to ski/since eleven o’clock. 3) Jack/to talk/to the policeman/for fifteen minutes now. 4) We/to teach/you/to ride a bike/for two hours now. 5) They/to build/the stadium/for more than a year now. 6) Helen/to vacuum/the carpets/since four o’clock. 7) I/ to look for/my wallet/for twenty minutes. 8) It/to rain/since morning. 9) We/to discuss/about the route of our journey/since ten o’clock. 10) The teacher/to read/my essay/for ten minutes.
2. Make the sentences interrogative and negative.
1) Sammy has been eating for fifteen minutes now.
2) We have been watching this football match since half past two.
3) They have been digging the trees for an hour.
4) My mother has been talking with the doctor for ten minutes.
5) Alice has been waiting for you since five o’clock.
6) Gary has been playing golf for an hour and a half.
7) They have been living in this hotel for a week now.
8) The inspector has been asking questions for two hours now.
9) She has been sleeping since afternoon.
10) You have been cooking since nine o’clock.
3. Write questions to the underlined words.
1) You have been writing a letter to your friend for an hour.
2) They have been watching the performance since six o’clock.
3) He has been driving to Warsaw for three hours now.
4) We have been discussing your plan for two hours.
5) She has been arguing with me for half an hour.
4. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form.
1) We ... (to have) the conference since ten o’clock. 2) The boys ... (to fish) for three hours now. 3) ... Jane ... (to skate) since four o’clock? — No, she ... . 4) ... they ... (build) the house for a year now? — Yes, they ... . 5) How long ... you ... (to watch) the race? — I ... (to watch) the race for twenty minutes now. 6) What ... they ... (to do) since morning? — They ... (to decorate) the hall for the party. 7) With whom ... Fred ... (to play) tennis? — He ... (to play) tennis with Dick. 8) Whose call ... Cathy ... (to wait) for? — She ... (to wait) for a call from her boss. 9) The doctors ... (to operate) on the patient for five hours now. 10) How long ... the police ... (tо investigate) this murder? — They ... (to investigate) this murder for three weeks.
5. Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Simple, Present Continuous, Present Perfect or Present Perfect Continuous Tense.
1) I ... (not to understand) what you ... (to talk) about now.— I ... (to try) to explain you the main points of this case. 2) ... it ... (still to snow)? — Yes, it ... (to snow) since yesterday evening. 3) Whom ... she ... (to speak) to? — She ... (to speak) to her mother. She always ... (to phone) her after school and ... (to tell) the news. 4) What lesson ... Kate and Sally ... (to have) at the moment? — They ... (to have) an Italian lesson. They always ... (to have) Italian lessons on Wednesdays. They ... (to learn) Italian for four years. They ... (to want) to be interpreters. 5) Where ... (to be) Margaret? — She ... (to plant) flowers in the yard. She ... (to work) there since morning and she ... (already to do) a large piece of work. 6) What... Henry ... (to look) for in his bedroom? — He ... (to look) for his passport. He often ... (to forget) where he ... (to put) it. Henry ... (to search) for his passport for twenty minutes now. 7) ... (to be) your mother busy? — Oh, she ... (to prepare) supper in the kitchen. She ... (to cook) since three o’clock. She ... (just to bake) a meat pie and now she ... (to cut) some vegetables for salad. 8) ... you ... (to know) what direction we ... (to go) now? We ... (to walk) for three hours and we ... (not to reach) the camp yet.
6. Translate into English.
1) Дівчата грають у волейбол уже п’ятнадцять хвилин. 2) Він не розмовляє з нами вже три дні. 3) Вона шукає цей будинок уже сорок хвилин. 4) Як довго ви чекаєте на секретаря? — Я чекаю вже півгодини. 5) Моя сестра вивчає історію цієї країни вже два роки. 6) Де Ганна? — Вона щось пише у своїй кімнаті. Вона пише з ранку і ще навіть не снідала. 7) Він завжди приходить до басейну по вівторках? — Так. Він плаває з п’яти років. Зараз він готується до міжнародного змагання. 8) Ви п’єте каву? — Так. Я люблю каву з молоком. А ви любите каву? — Ні, я віддаю перевагу чаю. Я щойно випив чашку чудового чаю. 9) Який фільм вони дивляться? — Вони дивляться бойовик. Вони дивляться його вже більше години. 10) Де ваші батьки зараз? — Вони подорожують Європою. Вони подорожують уже тиждень. Вони вже відвідали три країни.