Підручник Англійська мова 4 клас - Несвіт Алла - Генеза 2015 рік
Unit 1 ALL ABOUT US
1. a) Listen and repeat.
b) Listen and read.
The children are doing a project on Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine.
They have got an old photo of Khreshchatyk Street, the main street of Kyiv.
Miss Alison: This is a photo of Khreshchatyk now and you have got a black and white photo of Khreshchatyk in 1880.
Steve: Oh, there were a lot of buildings in Khreshchatyk in 1880!
Dan: Yes, there were lots of shops, restaurants and offices there.
Kim: Were there many people in Kyiv in 1880, Miss Alison?
Miss Alison: Yes, there were.
Ann: Was there a lot of traffic in Khreshchatyk in those days?
Miss Alison: No, there wasn’t. And the traffic was very slow.
2. Agree or disagree.
1. There were not many shops and offices in Khreshchatyk in the past.
2. In 1880 there were a lot of people in Kyiv.
3. There were many cars and buses.
4. Children want to know a lot about the city they live in.
3. Complete the sentences. Use the Past Simple form of the verb to be.
E x a m p l e: Ann and Dan were born in Kyiv.
1. There ….. a lot of buildings in Khreshchatyk in 1880.
2. There ….. not many cars or buses.
3. ….. there much traffic in Kyiv in 1880?
4. ….. there many people in Kyiv in 1880?
4. Choose and say.
1. Miss Alison was / was not born in Kyiv.
2. The traffic in the streets of Kyiv was / were slow.
3. There are / aren’t many traffic lights in Kyiv today.
4. There is / isn’t a shop near our school.
5. Are / Is there any traffic lights in Khreshchatyk Street?
5. Write about the street you live in.
E x a m p l e:
I live in ….. in ….. Street. It is the ….. street in my town (city, village). There are ….. in it.
I have got / haven’t got an old photo of my street. I think there were in it many years ago. There was…………………………