Підручник Англійська мова 4 клас - Несвіт Алла - Генеза 2015 рік
Unit 1 ALL ABOUT US
1. Listen and repeat.
high - higher - (the) highest
big - bigger - (the) biggest
2. Read the letter.
Dan has got an email friend, Stepan.
Here is his letter.
My name is Stepan, and I am from Zakarpattia, Ukraine. There are mountains called the Carpathians here.
Hoverla is the highest mountain in Ukraine.
I live in Mukacheve. There is a beautiful castle “Palanok” in my town. It is more than 700 years old. I am sending you a photo of it.
3. Read and choose the correct words.
1. There are / are no mountains in Ukraine.
2. Roman Kosh / Hoverla is the highest mountain of the Ukrainian Carpathians.
3. Stepan lives in the town / village.
4. The castle “Palanok” is / isn’t very old.
5. Stepan is sending a picture / a photo of it.
4. Work in pairs. Complete and act out the dialogue.
Dan: Oh, look, here is the photo of “Palanok”!
Ann: “Palanok”? What is it?
Dan: It is a beautiful castle in Mukacheve. Stepan, my new friend, told me about it in his email letter.
Ann: ….. ?
Dan: It is more than 700 years old.
Ann: ….. ?
Dan: Oh, yes. It is one of the biggest castles in Europe.
5. a) Write a letter to your penfriend about a famous place in your town / city / village. Follow this order:
1. Make notes before you start writing your letter.
2. Start your letter with Dear and finish with Best wishes and your name.
3. Use Stepan’s letter from Ex. 1 as a model.
b) Tell your classmates about a famous place in your town / city / village.