Підручник Англійська мова 4 клас - Несвіт Алла - Генеза 2015 рік
Unit 2 LIFE IN CITIES AND VILLAGES
1. Work in two groups. Listen, read and match the descriptions with the pictures.
A We have a three-room flat near the city centre. It is on the fifth floor. There is a living room, a children’s room and a bedroom in our flat. We also have got a kitchen, a bathroom and a balcony. Our flat has a lovely view.
B My aunt and uncle have got a little cottage in the country. It is located on the bank of the river. The house has got three bedrooms and a living room. There are fruit and vegetable gardens behind the house.
a) Do a class survey. Ask your friends questions about their homes and make a graph.
b) Speak in class. Tell your teacher about your friends’ homes.
Do you live in a house or in a flat?
Where is it?
(a city / a town / a village)
Do you like to live there?
3. Look at the picture. Tell your classmates what rooms you can see in the picture.
E x a m p l e: Number 1 is a living-room.
• a hall • a living room • a bedroom • a kitchen • a bathroom • a toilet
4. a) Listen and read the poem.
b) Say where your home is and where you like to stay.
Kitty’s home is in the country,
Betty’s home is in the city,
Kitty likes to stay with Betty,
Betty likes to stay with Kitty.
Betty likes the country best,
Kitty likes the busy city,
That is quite a lucky thing
For Betty and for Kitty.
5. Write about the place where you live. Use the words below.
• big / small • clean / dirty • modern / old • quiet / noisy
E x a m p l e: I live in Kyiv in a two-room flat. It is clean and quiet. There is a bedroom, a living room and a kitchen in our flat. The bedroom is small but the living room is big.
We also have a bathroom and a balcony. It has a lovely view of the park.