Підручник Англійська мова 4 клас - Несвіт Алла - Генеза 2015 рік
Unit 5 TRAVELLING
1. a) Listen, repeat and point.
E x a m p l e: Jane is going to see Big Ben in London.
2. Listen and read.
Jane is going to visit her aunt and uncle at the weekend. They live in London, the capital of Great Britain. It is a big and beautiful city.
There are lots of modern and old buildings, shops, cinemas and museums in London. There are also many parks and squares. Big Ben, Tower Bridge and Trafalgar Square are the most famous sights of London.
3. Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions.
1. What is Jane going to do at the weekend?
2. Where do Jane’s aunt and uncle live?
3. Is London a beautiful city? Why?
4. What are the most famous sights of London?
4. Speak in class. You are a tour guide. Use the word combinations to tell the class about London.
E x a m p l e: There are a lot of museums and places of interest in London. You can see the most famous sights of the city.
• beautiful old buildings
• the River Thames with lots of bridges
• parks and squares
5. Complete the sentences.
1. London is ….. .
2. There are lots of ….., ….., and ….. in London.
3. Tower Bridge is over the ….. River.
4. The most famous sights of London are: ….., ….., and ….. .
5. You can walk in green ….. . and beautiful ….. .
6. You can see ….. and …… on the squares.