Підручник Англійська мова 4 клас - Несвіт Алла - Генеза 2015 рік
Unit 5 TRAVELLING
1. Look and match the pictures (A-D) with the words in the list (1-4).
1. A square. 2. A bridge. 3. A palace. 4 A cathedral.
2. a) Listen and read.
I’m in Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. It is a very big city. Kyiv stands on the Dnipro River. There are seven bridges over it.
There are a lot of places of interest in Kyiv. Independence Square and Khreshchatyk Street are the most famous sights in Kyiv. I’m also going to see the Golden Gate and Andriivsky Uzviz.
Kyiv is a great place to visit.
b) Say what places in Kyiv Steve is writing about.
3. Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions about Kyiv.
E x a m p l e: - Are you going to see Khreshchatyk?
- Yes, I am.
1. …. to visit any museums?
2. …. to see the most famous sights of Kyiv?
3. ….. to walk around ….. ?
4. Listen and read the poem.
I’m going to travel by train,
I’m going to travel on foot,
I’m going to travel by plane,
Travelling is always good.
Kyiv and London, Paris and Rome,
But the best place in the world is my home.
5. Write 6-7 sentences about Kyiv.
E x a m p l e:
Kyiv is the ….. of Ukraine. It is a very ….. and ….. city. It stands on the ….. river. There are a lot of parks and ….., ….., ….. and ….. .
Are you going to see the most ….. sights? Welcome to Kyiv!