Підручник Англійська мова 4 клас - Несвіт Алла - Генеза 2015 рік
Unit 6 SPECIAL DAYS
1. a) Look and say how children have prepared for the Ribbon Festival. Use the Present Perfect tense.
ü Decorate school with wall newspapers
ü Invite parents and guests
ü Make nice postcards in the shape of a ribbon for visitors
E x a m p l e: Children have written an advertisement for the Ribbon Festival.
b) Listen and read.
The Ribbon Festival
Every school has its own traditions. These are the holidays we celebrate and the parties we organise at school.
Ann and Dan are going to have the Ribbon Festival in their school next Friday. All the boys and girls are going to wear colourful bright ribbons that day. The pupil who has the most beautiful costume is going to be the King or the Queen at the fancy dress party. Children are going to perform a new play, sing songs and recite funny poems. They are going to have much fun.
Children think this is the best holiday for all the pupils and teachers at school.
2. Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions.
1. What school festivals do you know?
2. What festival are Ann and Dan going to have in their school next week?
3. How have the children decorated their school?
4. What are they going to wear that day?
5. What are the children going to do that day?
3. Look and say what the children have done at the Ribbon Festival.
E x a m p l e: The children have had a fancy dress party at the Ribbon Festival.
Work in groups. Choose the party you are going to celebrate. Discuss the questions. c
1. What holiday are you going to celebrate?
2. How have you decorated the school assembly hall / your classroom?
3. What programme have you prepared?
5. Make a poster. Work in group. Write about the school holiday you have discussed. Draw some pictures about it. Use the Present Perfect and Ex. 4 as a plan.
E x a m p l e:
We are going to celebrate ….. next week. All the pupils will take part in the celebration. We have decorated our assembly hall with balloons and ribbons. We have invited our parents and teachers. We have prepared a lot of contests for our guests. We are going to ….. (recite poems and tell funny jokes, dance, sing songs, perform a play ).
Welcome to our school holiday!