Підручник Англійська мова 4 клас - Несвіт Алла - Генеза 2015 рік
Unit 7 EVERYDAY LIFE
1. a) Listen and read.
b) Act out.
Alex: When do the British children begin to go to school?
Miss Alison: They start their school at the age of 5. From 5 to 7 they go to infant schools.
Kim: Is it like a nursery school, Miss Alison?
Miss Alison: Yes, it is. The children draw, sing, play games and listen to the stories there. They also begin to learn how to read and write.
Ann: And where do the children study after the infant school?
Miss Alison: From 7 to 11 the children in Britain go to a junior school. Here they also learn to read, write and do sums.
Alex: Then, we are in the junior school, too!
2. Read and complete the sentences.
1. In Great Britain the children begin to go to school at the age of ….. .
2. From 5 to 7 they go to ….. .
3. There the children ….. .
4. In the …. school they begin to learn ….. .
5. From 7 to 11 the children in Great Britain go to ….. .
3. a) Look at the pictures of school subjects in the timetable. Match the pictures with these words.
• Maths • Reading • English • Music • Art • PE • Nature Study • Handicrafts • Computer Studies
b) Say what subjects you have in your timetable.
E x a m p l e: On Monday I have Maths, English, Computer Studies, Music and Reading.
4. Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer about the timetable in Ex. 3.
Kate: What’s the third lesson on Monday?
Sam: The third lesson on Monday is Computer Studies.
Kate: What’s the first lesson on …… ?
Sam: The first lesson on ….. is ….. .
5. Copy the sentences. Write the capital letters where they are necessary.
1. kim’s favourite subject is music.
2. ann and dan had five lessons yesterday.
3. it’s thursday, february the twelfth.
4. what was your homework for tuesday, tom?