Підручник Англійська мова 4 клас - Несвіт Алла - Генеза 2015 рік
Unit 1 ALL ABOUT US
1. Look, read and choose.
Many years ago
Today London is much larger / smaller than it was many years ago. In those days the buildings were bigger / smaller and the streets were wider / narrower. Today there are lots of / not many cars and buses in London and the air is much cleaner / dirtier than it was in the past.
The River Thames is much deeper / shallower than it was in those days.
2. Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions about London.
1. Is London larger or smaller now than it was in the past?
2. Were the buildings bigger or smaller then?
3. What were the streets like?
4. Are there many cars and buses in London now?
5. Is the air cleaner or dirtier now than it was in the past?
3. Tell your classmates some facts about Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine, in the past. Use Ex. 1 as a model.
Today Kyiv is ….. . Many years ago ….. was much ….. . The buildings were ….. .
The streets were ….. . There were ….. cars and buses. The Dnipro River was …. .
4. Work in groups. Group A asks about London in the past. Group В asks about Kyiv in the past.
E x a m p l e:
Group A: Were the buildings bigger or smaller in London in the past?
Group B: They were much smaller than they are now.
Were the streets wider or narrower in Kyiv many years ago?
Group A: They were much narrower than they are now.
5. Write six sentences about your native city / town / village in the past. Use Ex. 3 as a model.