Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 1. My Family and Friends
1. Work in pairs. Discuss the questions.
1. Is your family large or small?
2. Have you got any sisters or brothers?
3. Are you an elder or a younger child in the family?
4. What is it like to be elder / younger in the family?
2. Listen, read and say if Lily liked to be a little sister.
(After Barbara Botner)
“I can’t wait until next week,” said Mary.
“I can,” said Lily. “What an occasion! I am having a birthday next week, too. You are six and I’ll be eight! But it’s no fun being a big sister! If I fall, I mustn’t cry. If you fall, you can cry. If I want to sit on daddy’s lap, he tells me that I’m too big. If you want to sit on daddy’s lap, you can climb up. It’s not fair. I want to be a little sister!”
1It’s not fair. - Це несправедливо.
“Okay,” said Mary. “I’ll be your big sister, then.”
First they did the dinosaur puzzle. Lily dropped the pieces all over.
“Don’t cry, Lily. Look! Here is your favourite toy.” Lily stopped crying and hugged her little sister.
“You are a pretty good big sister after all,” she said.
“You are a pretty good big sister, too,” said Mary.
“Thank you for giving me the best birthday present,” said Lily. “Next week I’ll be eight. I will be very grown-up. I can go to bed later than you. After all, I’m the big sister.”
3. Agree or disagree.
1. Lily is a big sister.
2. Mary is a big sister.
3. Mary knows what big sisters usually do.
4. Lily likes to be a little sister.
4. Work in pairs. Discuss the questions.
1. Why did Lily want to be a little sister?
2. How did Mary try to act like a big sister?
3. Was Lily tired of playing a little sister? Why?
5. Speak in class. Tell your friends about your brother or sister. Do you take care of him / her? Is it good to be a little / big child in the family?
Start like this:
I have got a younger sister. Her name is ... . She is kind. Etc.
6. Read Ex. 3 again. Find the verbs in the Past Simple Tense and write them down in the Present Simple Tense. Make three sentences with them.
“You have to pick them up. You are a big sister,” Lily said. Then Lily jumped the rope the way her little sister usually did that. She fell down and started to cry. Mary came up to her and helped her sister stand up.