Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 1. My Family and Friends
Aim: To write a leaflet about your family.
A: In class: Before you write a leaflet
1. Look at Ann and Dan’s leaflet. Read Part One. What have they written about their father / mother? Think who you’d like to write about.
2. Read Part Two. What did the family do on holidays last year?
3. Read Part Three. Say what professions Dan and Ann’s uncle has and how he has learnt the things he knows.
Work in pairs. Write a list of questions for the family interview.
1. Do you like your job?
2. Where did you study?
3. Are there any rules you should keep in your job?
B: Out of class: Make your leaflet
Work individually. Make parts of your leaflet. Write short stories about your mum and dad or your grandparents. Include drawings. Interview someone in your family and design an interview page.
• some paper;
• glue and scissors;
• some coloured pens.
C: In class: Use your leaflet
• Show your leaflet to your classmates. Give them more information about your pictures and descriptions. Answer the questions.
• Read your classmates’ leaflets. Have any parents got the same jobs? Have any families got the same traditions?
• Vote for the best leaflet.
Part One. MY PARENTS
This is my mother. She is 35. She is a teacher. She works in our school.
This is my father. He is a driver.
My parents work Monday to Friday.
At the weekend they spend time with my sister and me.
Part Two. WE ARE TOGETHER
Last summer we went to the seaside. We swam a lot and had much fun on the beach. We also went on a picnic in September. We made a fire a cooked shashlyk.
Part Three. AN INTERVIEW
My uncle’s name is Alex Petrenko.
He is a web designer. He teaches me about online safety.
I asked him some questions about his job.
Q: How have you learnt the things you know?
A: I got interested in my job when I was at school. I joined the IT Club and got my first skills there. My teacher was great! Then I studied at the university.
Q: What does the Internet offer young people?
A: I think that you are lucky to have it nowadays. You can easily find friends and do interesting work. But you should keep online safety rules.
Q: What are they?
A: First, don't give out your personal information such as your address, telephone number, parents' work address without your parents permission. Second, don't agree to get together with someone you "meet" online without first checking with your parents. Third, don't respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make you feel uncomfortable. Finally, you should always check with your parents before downloading or insatlling software or doing anything that could possibly hurt your computer or your family.
A: Thank you.