Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 2. The Clothes We Wear
1. Listen and repeat the words in the box. Match them to the pictures (1-16).
• a dress • a shirt • a sweater • a T-shirt • a blouse • a skirt • jeans / a pair of jeans • trousers / a pair of trousers • a sweatshirt • a jacket • a coat • a scarf • a pair of tights • a pair of socks • shoes • boots •
2. Look at the photos. Say who is wearing the following items of clothing: a dress, a sweater, jeans, trousers, a skirt, boots, shoes, a pair of socks, a scarf, a pair of tights, a shirt, a blouse.
Dan is wearing jeans and a sweater.
3. Listen and read the texts.
The Clothes I Like Wearing
Ann: When I go to school, I usually put on a school uniform. It’s a dark green jacket, a green skirt and a white blouse. I don’t wear a tie. In Ukraine, we can wear shoes of different colours. In the evenings I usually wear jeans and a top or a sweater. My clothes are usually very comfortable. When I go to a party, I often wear a smart dress, or a skirt and a blouse. And I’ve got a pair of nice shoes, I love them!
Alex: I study in the Art School. We haven’t got a uniform, but we can’t wear jeans to school. I usually wear a pair of dark trousers, a shirt and a jumper. I don’t wear jackets. They are not comfortable. I always wear trainers. I don’t like boots. When I go to the gym, I take a tracksuit and a T-shirt with me.
Dan: When I go to school I put on a blue jacket, blue trousers and a white shirt. I sometimes wear a tie. I like my school uniform. My favourite clothes are my new sweatshirt, a pair of blue jeans and white trainers. I always wear T-shirts and shorts at home.
4. Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions.
1. Who doesn’t wear a school uniform? - Alex.
2. Who never wears a jacket?
3. Who talks about clothes in different seasons?
4. Who talks about clothes to wear at home?
5. Who wears a pair of nice shoes to parties?
6. Who has got special clothes to go in for sport?
5. Say what you would wear in such a situation:
• you are going to a birthday party;
• you are going to school;
• you are going to work in the garden;
• you are going to the gym.
6. Write about the clothes you usually wear. Use Ex. 3, page 29 as an example. Start like this:
When I go to school, I usually put on ... . I wear ... after school. When I am at home, I ... . Etc.