Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 2. The Clothes We Wear
1. Look and say what these people are / aren’t wearing.
Ann is wearing a pink dress on. She isn’t wearing a hat.
2. Read and complete the text with the missing parts (A - F).
Every morning, we choose what clothes we are going to wear for the day. There are clothes for any kind of weather and any season of the year. There are clothes to keep us warm, cool and dry. There are clothes for going in for sport and clothes to work in.
Light dresses, shorts, hats, T-shirts and caps are good for (1) … . A hat can protect our head (2) … . Cotton clothes help (3) … . Sandals and flip-flops let air in and stop (4) … . Warm coats, sweaters, jumpers, trousers, hats, scarves, high boots, gloves and mittens are great when it is (5) … . Raincoats, overcoats, rubber boots and waterproof shoes are for (6) … .
A to keep us cool
B a cloudy and rainy day
C hot weather
D cold and snowy outside
E from the sun
F our feet getting hot
3. Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions.
1. What do people usually wear when it is warm outside?
2. What do you wear in spring and autumn?
3. What do you wear when it is rainy / snowy?
4. Work in pairs. Agree or disagree with the statements. Explain your point of view.
T-shirts, jeans, and running shoes are the best clothes.
Clothes are not important.
I agree with you. I don’t think so.
A: T-shirts, jeans, and running shoes are the best clothes.
B: I agree with you. You feel comfortable when you wear them.
A: I don’t think so. You can’t wear them for a party.
5. Write sentences as in the example. Use this / these, that / those.
This is a skirt and that is a sweater.