Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 2. The Clothes We Wear
1. Listen to Ann and Jane talking. Complete the compliments.
That sweater … .
I love … .
I like … .
It matches … .
That was a good … .
2. Walk around the classroom and compliment your classmates about their clothes.
3. Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions in the table.
A: Do you like to wear jeans?
B: Yes, I do. I think they are comfortable. What about you?
A: Me too. / I don’t like to wear them.
• Do you like to wear jeans?
• What is in style this season for boys? girls?
• Do you like the new styles? Why or why not?
4. What are your favourite clothes? Write about where your favourite clothes are from, or why you like them.
My favourite thing to wear is a T-shirt. It’s navy blue. It’s got a picture of a whale on it. I like it because I got it on holiday last year.
5. You’re going on a school trip with your classmates. You are helping your mum to pack your clothes. Write a list of clothing. Speak in class and say where you go, what time of the year it is and what clothes you’ve decided to take.
Date: … .
Country: … .
Clothes to take:
6. Read the sentences. Write them into your exercise book in the correct order to make a story about Dan.
• In summer I prefer wearing a T-shirt with trousers.
• I never wear jeans or a sweatshirt then.
• In winter I put on a warm sweater, so that I don’t catch the flu.
• Every morning I dress up in a white shirt, dark blue trousers and a jacket, a tie and a pair of shoes.
• My mum tells me that it will keep me from catching a cold.
• They help me feel comfortable even while I’m playing football in the heat.
• I love dressing up to my friends’ birthday parties!
• This is my school uniform.
• In the rainy season I usually wear a raincoat and rubber boots.