Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 2. The Clothes We Wear
1. a) Work individually. Write a list of questions to ask your friend about his / her favourite clothes.
What colour of clothes do you like to wear?
What do you wear at school? At parties?
b) Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions.
A: Do you like to wear jeans?
B: Yes, I do. I think they are quite comfortable.
A: When do you usually wear them?
B: At the weekend or after school.
A: I wear jeans when I go on a picnic.
2. Look, listen and match. Then act out the dialogues.
A: I really like your ...?
B: Thank you.
A: Where did you get it / them?
B: It’s my granny’s birthday present.
A: Are those new shoes?
B: Yes, they are.
A: They’re very nice.
A: What’s the weather like today?
B: It’s cool / cold / warm.
A: I think I’ll wear my ... .
A: I can’t find my new ... (jacket).
B: Have you looked in the bedroom wardrobe?
A: Yes, I have.
B: Then it’s probably in the hall wardrobe.
3. Look, listen and repeat. Then practise the words as in the example.
A: Are the sleeves too long?
B: No, they are too short.
6. Speak in class. Describe your favourite clothing. Start like this:
When I am having a rest at home or playing out with my friends, I wear comfortable clothes like T-shirts, jeans and trainers.
7. Write down questions and short answers to the following sentences.
1. My brother doesn’t like to wear loose clothing.
2. My mother usually wears high-heeled shoes in her office.
3. I’m going to the fancy dress ball as Mickey Mouse.
4. This dark tie matches your new suit.