Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 2. The Clothes We Wear
1. Listen and read.
1. A: Does it fit?
B: Yes, it does. / No, it doesn’t. This is the right / wrong size.
2. A: Can I put on this cap?
B: If it fits, you can wear it.
3. A: What do you think of these?
B: Your blue tie doesn’t go with / match your green jacket.
4. A: My new shoes wear well.
B: I’ve told you you’d like them.
2. Work in pairs. Act out the dialogues about the pictures given below. Use Ex. 1, page 45 as an example.
3. Read and complete the text. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense form.
Ryan is 42. He’s a firefighter. Every day he ... (to get up) at six o’clock and ... (to hurry) to the fire station. He usually ... (to wear) a uniform in his job. His uniform ... (to protect) him from heat and flames. He ... (to wear) a firefighting tunic, trousers and a jacket. He also ... (to put on) firefighting gloves, a helmet and boots.
When he ... (to arrive) at work, he ... (to read) and ... (to study) pre-fire plans. Sometimes he ... (to do) some work at the fire station. In the evening he … (to train) in the Fitness Club.
Ryan ... (to like) his job a lot. He ... (already / to help) a lot of people during his career.
Time for Fun: Vocabulary Revision Game
4. Work in two teams.
a) Make a list of words on the topic “Clothes” in 3 minutes.
b) Take turns to call the words out and write them on the board.
c) Take turns to choose the words from the list and make sentences. Each correct sentence gets a point. The team with the most points is the winner.
5. Write. Complete the sentences with the correct verbs from the box given below.
• bring • take off (x2) • put on (x4) • wear •
1. It’s hot ... your coat ... your shoes.
2. It’s cold. You need to ... your sweater.
3. It’s freezing cold. You need to ... your scarf and mittens.
4. It’s rainy. You need to ... your umbrella.
5. It’s windy and rainy. You don’t need your umbrella. You need to ... your raincoat.
6. It’s hot and sunny ... your sunglasses ... your sweater.