Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 3. Food
1. a) Listen and read.
In British schools, there are lessons in the morning and in the afternoon. Many children have their lunch at school. In the canteen of Colchester Royal Grammar School, there are two kinds of soup today: the vegetable soup and the chicken soup.
There are three main courses. There are two desserts. There is a large selection of drinks.
The food on the menu is very healthy. There is salad and there are vegetables. And there isn’t any ice cream or chocolate!
b) Agree or disagree.
1. There are two kinds of soup on the menu.
2. There are no desserts on the menu.
3. There is ice cream on the menu.
4. The food on the menu is healthy.
2. Work in pairs. Look at the menu. Take turns to ask and answer about the food in the menu.
1. Ann: is there ... on f/je menu?
Dan: Yes, there is. / No, there isn’t.
2. Alex: Are there any vegetarian dishes?
Kim: Yes, there are. / No, there aren’t.
3. Read, complete and act out the dialogues. Use the words given below.
1. A: May I help you?
B: Yes. I’d like the ... soup, please.
A: What kind of salad would you like?
B: I’ll have the ... salad.
A: Anything to drink?
B: Yes. I’ll have ... .
• chicken • peas • mushroom • cucumber • tomato • carrot • cabbage • apple juice • orange juice • mineral water •
2. A: I’d like a ... .
B: What do you want on it?
A: ... , please.
• ham and cheese • tuna fish • egg salad • butter • lettuce • ketchup • sandwich •
Mini-project: A Class Survey
4. Do a class survey.
Write a menu for your school canteen.
a) Write some questions for a survey.
Which hinds of sandwiches do you like?
b) Do a class survey. Ask other pupils your questions and make a graph.
Vegetables and Fruit
c) Draw a poster. Write the names of the dishes on the menu.
d) Gallery Walk. Put your posters on the board. Discuss your menus.
5. Write a letter to your English penfriend about your school meals.
Start like this:
Dear ... ,
Thank you for your letter. In this letter I’ll write you about our school meals. I usually have my breakfast at home, but I have lunch at school.
We have got a very nice canteen and the food they cook there is really tasty. Etc.
Write me soon and tell me all your news.