Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 3. Food
1. Listen and read. Complete the text with the words from the box given below.
• packed lunch • chips • roll • lemonade • tea • meals • chicken • lunch • marmalade • milk • cup • plate • breakfast • eggs • dinner •
English people usually have four (1) … during the day: breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner or supper.
At about 8 o’clock in the morning people have (2) … .They eat porridge or cornflakes with (3) … or sugar, fried or boiled (4) … with bacon, bread and butter or toast with (5) … or jam and a (6) … of tea.
At 11 o’clock the English have (7) … .They like to eat fish and (8) …. potatoes, beans, carrots, cabbage or peas. People usually drink tea, coffee, juice or (9) … .Schoolchildren havetheir lunch in the school canteen. Some children bring their (10) … with sandwiches and fruit.
At about 5 o’clock the English have (11) … with milk, a cake or a (12) … with jam.
The English have the evening meal, (13) … or supper, at 7 o’clock. People usually have a (14) … of soup, meat or (15) … with vegetables, cheese, tinned fruit, ice cream or an apple pie.
2. Agree or disagree.
1. English people usually have three meals during the day.
2. People have breakfast at about 9 o’clock.
3. Many people have lunch at 12 o’clock.
4. Schoolchildren have their lunch at home.
5. Schoolchildren don’t bring their packed lunch to school.
6. English people usually have a plate of soup, meat or chicken with vegetables, cheese, tinned fruit, ice cream or an apple pie in the evening.
3. a) Find countable and uncountable nouns in the text of Ex. 1, page 65.
b) Do any names of food sound similar in your language? What are they? Write them down.
4. Speak in class. Tell your classmates what you know about English meals.
5. Speak in class. Act out the situation.
You’re going to spend some time with a host family in England. Talk about food you usually have for breakfast / lunch / dinner.
6. Look at the pictures given below. Write what Mr Parker usually has for breakfast, lunch and dinner.