Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 4.Let's Have a Rest
1. Work in pairs. Read the TV programme on page 83. Act out some dialogues. Use the questions:
• What is on Channel 1 today?
• When does this film start?
• What channel is this programme on?
• Is there an interesting film today?
1 11.00 News Summary
11.30 Film: Flipper 13.15 Game show:
The Smartest Child14.30Music
11.40 The Fastest Animals on the Earth
12.10 Animals in the Zoos 13.25 Wildlife: Blue Whales 14.35 Pet Rescue Service
9.00 Football: The best matches in the European Final Cup
11.20 Sports News 11.40 Swimming 12.30 Sport Interview:
Yana Klochkova,14.00 Extreme Sports
8.20 Beauty and the Beast 9.10 The Little Mermaid 10.15 Tom and Jerry
2. Listen and read. Complete the text with the missing parts (A-F).
Is Life Possible without TV?
The Parkers love to watch TV so much. (1) ... Mr Parker has discovered that he usually spends two or three hours in front of a TV set. It is so comfortable to sit in the armchair listening to the news and watching documentaries! Mrs Parker has started to worry that (2) ... and meeting friends at the weekend.
Steve has decided to watch football matches on TV rather than (3) ... .
There is one good thing about having a TV at home: it keeps Molly quiet for some time (4) ... .
But Mrs Parker believes that their family life has become boring.
One morning she says, “(5)... . It doesn’t work. Let’s go picnicking instead. I have made some sandwiches and have baked your favourite apple pie.”
The Parkers have packed their backpacks and (6)... .
Oh, yes, life is possible without TV!
A when the cartoon is on
B play football by himself
C have left their house
D They have bought a new TV this month.
E Something has happened to our new TV set.
F her husband has even stopped reading newspapers
3. Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions.
1. Why has the life in the Parkers’ family changed?
2. Who stopped reading newspapers and visiting his friends?
3. What is a good thing about having a TV at home?
4. What kind of programme does Molly watch?
5. What happened with their TV set one day?
6. Where have the Parkers decided to go?
4. Look through the text of Ex. 2 again. Find the sentences with the Present Perfect Tense and write them down into your exercise books.
5. Read and complete the questions. Then answer them. Fill in who, what, or which.
1. … has taken the dog for a walk today?
2. … TV channels have become popular in your family?
3. ... kind of programme have you decided not to watch?
4. ...TV reporter have you told your sister / brother about?
5. ...famous English actors have you read about a lot?
6. ...channel have you watched your favourite film on?
6. Look at the picture on page 85 and say what the Parkers are doing now. What have they done before?
Mum has already cooked the dinner. She is inviting the family members to have dinner together.
7. Write your answers to the following questions.
1. Do you watch TV for more than two hours a day?
2. What programmes do you like to watch?
3. Is your mother sometimes angry when you watch TV?
4. Do you always watch TV when you are with your friends?
5. Can you imagine your life without TV?
6. Do you often stay at home to watch TV instead of playing games with your friends?