Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 4.Let's Have a Rest
Lesson 9. Grammar Revision
1. Read and complete the sentences. Use the words: music, seats, see, read, went, saw, enjoyed, programmes, fantastic.
Last Sunday I (1) … to the circus with my mother. When we arrived to the place we (2) … many people in the hall. Some of them had (3) … in their hands. They (3) … about animals in the show. We bought one programme for us. Then we took our(4) … We could (5) … a beautiful palace on the arena and hear beautiful(6) … The animal show was (7) …We (8) … it greatly.
2. Complete the sentences with the Past Simple Tense of the verbs in brackets.
My grandfather (1) … (to collect) stamps when he was a boy. He (2) … (to begin) to learn many interesting facts about history. And he (3) … (to know) many interesting stories about famous people, too. He (4) … (to keep) his collection in a special album. Later when he (5) … (to travel) he always (6) …(to bring) many stamps for his collection.
3. Read and choose the correct items to complete the sentences.
1. The children … through their stamp collection now.
a) are looking
b) is looking
2. Last summer my relatives … a rest at the seaside.
a) has had
c) have had
3. Mrs Brown … TV yesterday.
b) is watching
4. Dan … a composition tomorrow.
b) will write
c) are writing
4. Write what you have done this week and how much time you have spent on these activities.
I have finished writing a letter to my penfriend. I think I have spent two hours writing.
5. Work in pairs. Choose a role card for yourself and act out the dialogue.
Role Card A: Invite your friend to do something from the list below. Find the time when your friend can do it.
Would you like to …
… go to the cinema on Monday?
… play football on …?
… go for a walk with me on …?
… go to …?
Role Card B: At first say you can’t do it, and then find it possible and ask about the time to meet.
6. Write different types of questions to the following sentences.
1. He is watching a football match at the moment.
2. I have already seen a quiz show today.
3. I’m watching a good programme about birds in the Antarctic.