Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 5. Nature and Weather
1. Listen and repeat. Then act out short dialogues as in the example.
A: What is the weather like?
B: It’s snowy.
A: Do you like it when it snows?
B: Yes, I do. I like snowy weather. / No, I don’t. I don’t like it when it’s cold.
2. Work in pairs. Talk about the weather as in the example. Use the words from Ex. 1, page 98.
3. Read and match the postcards (1-3) to the pictures (A-C).
September in the Crimea is great! It’s wonderful weather here: warm and sunny! The shy is blue and clear. We went swimming yesterday! I saw many jellyfish. They are lovely. Love,
I am in the Crimea. The weather is awful! There was a storm with thunder and lightning yesterday. I can’t see what the place is like. It is so foggy! We don’t swim and stay in the tent most of the time.
I can’t wait to get home.
We’re in Egypt. It’s so different from home. We went to the desert yesterday. There, it’s too hot during the day - over 50 degrees above zero. And it is freezing at night. There are no flowers, grass or green leaves. There is only sand everywhere.
We’ve taken lots of photos. I hope you’ll enjoy them.
Mum and Dad
4. Read and choose the correct items to complete the sentences.
1. The weather is foggy in the Crimea / London.
2. It is too hot / cold in the desert at night.
3. You can / can’t go swimming in September in Ukraine.
4. Steve liked / didn’t like his holidays.
5. Nature is / isn’t different in Egypt than it is in Ukraine.
6. The temperature is sometimes / always low in Egypt.
5. Look at the pictures and say what the children can do on such a day. Use the words from the box given below.
Example: It is cold and it is snowy. Children can play snowballs and make a snowman.
• to play snowballs • to make a snowman • to skate • to ride a bike • to sunbathe • to swim • to go for a walk • to ski • to rollerblade • to catch butterflies • to play badminton• to stay at home • to play computer games • to watch TV• to go fishing •
6. Write 7-8 sentences about different kinds of weather. Use the questions to help you.
• What kind of weather do you like?
• What do you usually do in that kind of weather?
• What kind of weather don’t you like?