Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 6. Around Great Britain and Ukraine
Lessons 5 - 6
1. Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions.
1. When and where were you born?
2. What is your native language?
3. Which places in Ukraine have you visited?
4. What places of interest would you like to visit one day?
2. Listen and read.
Ukraine Is Our Motherland
We live in Ukraine, so we are Ukrainians. Ukraine is an independent state.
We live in the wonderful country with beautiful nature, generous and hard-working people. We live in the rich country. It has got rich soils1, large forests and beautiful steppes2.
There are many mountains, rivers and lakes in Ukraine. The Dnipro is the longest river in Ukraine. Kyiv, the capital city of our country, is situated on it. It is one of the oldest cities in Europe.
Ukrainian people love their traditions and keep them with great honour.
1soil - грунт
2a steppe - степ
3. Read and complete the sentences.
1. The country you were born in is … .
2. People who live in Ukraine are … .
3. … is the capital of Ukraine.
4. Ukraine is an … state.
5. Ukraine is a … country with … nature and … people.
6. Ukraine has got … soils, … forests and … steppes.
7. Kyiv is one of the … cities in Europe.
8. The Dnipro is the … river in Ukraine.
4. Read and act out the situation.
Your English-speaking friend has arrived to Ukraine. He / She is going to stay with your family for a week. Choose the places in your town to go and things to do. Act out short dialogues as in the examples.
A: There is a nice circus in our town.
B: I’d love to watch a show one day.
A: OK, I’ll ask my mum to buy tickets for Sunday.
B: That’ll be great! Thank you.
A: You are welcome.
A: What do you want to do today?
B: Let’s go to the Zoo.
B: When and where are we going to meet your friends?
A: We can meet them at the bus stop at ten o’clock.
5. Work in groups. You want to make a tour around Ukraine. Discuss which places you would like to visit. Use the phrases given below.
Pupil A asks for opinion:
I’d like to visit … .
Let’s go sightseeing to … .
I think it’s better to go to … .
What about visiting …?
Pupil B gives his / her opinion:
I think, it’s really great.
What a good idea!
Yes, that’s a good idea, but … .
We can’t … .
6. Write 7-8 sentences to describe nature in the place where you live. Start like this:
I live in … region. It is in … of Ukraine. Etc.