Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 6. Around Great Britain and Ukraine
Lessons 9 - 10
1. Listen and repeat the geographical names.
a) Europe, Ukraine;
b) the Black Sea, the Sea of Azov, the Dnipro, the Dniester, the Danube, the Desna, Lake Yalpuh, Lake Svityaz;
c) the Carpathian Mountains, the Crimean Mountains, Mount Hoverla, Mount Roman-Kosh;
d) the north, the south, the east, the west, the southeast, the southwest, the northeast, the northwest.
2. Listen and read. Order the paragraphs (A - D).
Ukraine Is a European Country
A The Black Sea washes the country in the south and the Sea of Azov washes it in the southeast.
B Our Motherland is the country of many rivers. The most important rivers are the Dnipro, the Dniester, the Danube and the Desna. The biggest lake in Ukraine is Lake Yalpuh and the deepest one is Lake Svityaz.
C There are the Carpathian Mountains with the highest peak Hoverla (2,061 m high) in the west of the country. There are the Crimean Mountains with the highest peak Roman-Kosh (1,545 m high) in the south.
D Ukraine is situated in the southeastern part of Europe. The geographical centre of Europe is situated in the small town of Rakhiv, in Zakarpattia.
1. ____ 2. ____ 3. ____ 4. ____
3. Work in groups. Talk about Ukraine.
1. Where is Ukraine situated?
2. What are the most important rivers in Ukraine?
3. Where are there mountains in Ukraine?
4. What are the highest peaks in Ukraine?
4. Read and choose the correct items to answer the questions.
1. What is the biggest city in Ukraine?
2. What is the highest mountain in Ukraine?
3. What is the longest river in Ukraine?
a) the Dnipro
b) the Dniester
c) the Desna
4. What is the deepest lake in Ukraine?
5. What is the most famous nature reserve?
b) Lake Svityaz
c) The Carpathians
5. Work in pairs. Make plans for travelling to the places in the photos to Ex. 2, page 133. Talk about the things you want to take with you.
A: What about travelling to the Black Sea; in summer?
B: That’s a good idea! What things do you want to take with you? A: I always take ... when I go to ... .
6. Speak in class. Tell your new English friend about Ukraine.
7. Write about the places you visited last summer. Start like this:
Last summer I was ... . I was there with ... . We visited ... . We went on an excursion to... It was ... .