Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 6. Around Great Britain and Ukraine
Lesson 11. Grammar Revision
1. a) Write the three forms of the verbs.
Example: be - was, were - been
• to be • to arrive • to hear • to have • to play • to see • to read •
b) Read and complete the sentences with have or has.
1. Sue ... already arrived in Northern Ireland.
2. ... your friend been to Kolomiya?
3. What book . you read? Can you give it to me?
4. Ann and Dan ... already seen this film.
5. Where ... you been? I ... not seen you for ages!
6. What ... your brother heard about this place?
2. Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions as in the examples. Use the table given below.
1. A: Have you ever camped in the mountains?
B: Yes, I have. / No, I haven’t. I have never camped there.
2. A: Has your friend ever camped in the mountains?
B: Yes, he has. / No, he hasn’t. He has never camped there.
• to camp in the mountains
• to help your grandparents during the holidays
• to cook breakfast for the family
• to travel around Ukraine
• to plan the weekends by yourself
3. Write the verbs in brackets in the correct tense form.
1. Look! A nice squirrel ... (to sit) in a tree.
2. Peter ... (to find) a lot of mushrooms in the forest last Sunday.
3. There ... (to be) many wild animals in Ukraine.
4. ... you ever ... (to be) to the Ascania-Nova Nature Reserve?
5. ... Ann ... (to like) to feed the birds.
6. What animals ... (to live) in the Ukrainian steppes?
4. Look and say what countries these people have never been to.
Example: Mike has never been to Egypt.
5. Work in three groups. Act out the dialogues.
Travelling to England
The Tames invited you to stay with them in summer.
Role Card A: Make a list of ten things to pack. Discuss your choice with your parents.
Role Card B: Talk with your friends and discuss the weather in the UK at this time of the year.
Role Card C: Introduce yourself to the Tames. Find out about them, and tell them about yourself.
6. Write a letter to Mr. and Mrs. Tame. Thank them for the invitation. Ask them to write you about the weather. Tell them when you arrive in England. Ask if they can meet you at the airport.
March 10th, 20
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Tame,
I am writing to thank you for the invitation I got ... .
Yours sincerely, (your name)