Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 1. My Family and Friends
1. Work in pairs. What do you think is important for a good quality life? Read and add more things to the list.
• a lot of friends
• a friendly family
• an interesting hobby
• a lot of interesting books to read
• do sport
• exciting trips to other places and countries
• long school holidays
• time to watch television
• more lessons
2. Speak in class. Take turns to talk about the things that are / aren’t important for you.
A: I think that it is very important to have a lot of friends. It is fun to spend time together. We can play games and talk about our school life.
B: I don’t think it is good to have more lessons after school. We have to do our homework and need time for a rest.
3. Listen and read. Say what things are important for Kim.
Interviewer: How is your school life,
Kim: It’s great! I like to meet my friends and have fun together.
Interviewer: Do you like your school lessons?
Kim: Yes, I do. My favourite subjects are English and Maths.
Interviewer: What do you usually do after school?
Kim: I go swimming. I also attend the Drama Club. I like to spend my free time with my friends.
Interviewer: Do you like school holidays?
Kim: Of course, I do. They are so wonderful! I often have exciting trips to other places with my family. Sometimes we go camping at the weekend.
4. Read and complete the sentences. Use the words: to attend, to go camping, to take swimming lessons, to meet, seaside, music, wonderful, exciting.
1. How was your trip last summer? - It was … .
2. I think we will … in the mountains next year.
3. What do you do after classes? - I … and … the school Literature Club.
4. What kind of … are you listening to?
5. It’s nice … you!
6. We had a … time at the … in Spain last year.
Learning Strategies: An Interview
1. Choose a topic for the interview.
2. Write a list of questions to find out about the person as much as possible.
3. Think of other questions you want to ask.
4. Interview the person.
5. Work in groups. Act out the situation.
You have got an English-speaking visitor in your class. Interview him / her about his / her life, hobbies and family.
6. Look at the pictures and write what the children like doing / like to do in their free time.
The children like to go hiking in autumn.