Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 7. The Place Where I Live
1. Look at the pictures and talk about them as in the example on page 150.
A: What do you see in the pictures?
B: I see parks there.
A: Do you see people in the park?
B: Yes, I do.
A: What are the people doing?
B: Some people are sitting on the bench in the park. Etc.
2. Read and complete the text with the missing parts (A-F).
What is a park? It is a large area with grass and trees, especially in a town where people can walk, play games, etc. There are parks in towns, cities and even in the villages. Parks are beautiful in all the seasons. In March and April parks (1) … with fresh grass and leaves in the trees. There are a lot of flowers there, too. In summer the parks (2) … festivals, music, and other entertainment. In autumn red, orange, and yellow carpet of leaves (3)…and please people. In winter the trees are covered with snow and people (4) … on the skating rink.
A park is the place which connects people to the natural world. Children explore, discover, and (5) … there. It is the place where they (6) … from the busy indoor life, television, couch, and computer screens.
A host a lot of events B have a rest C turn green D learn about the world E go skating F covers the ground.
3. Read and tick the sentences T (True) or F (False). Correct the false sentences.
What is a park? It is a small area with grass and trees, especially in a town where people can walk, play games, etc. - F, A park is a large area.
1. Parks are beautiful in spring and summer.
2. In autumn the parks host a lot of events, festivals, music, and other entertainment.
3. Winter is famous for snow-covered trees and ice-skating.
4. A garden is the place which connects people to the natural world.
5. Children explore, discover, and learn about the world within the four classroom walls.
6. A park is the place where children have a rest from television and computer screens.
4. Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions to the text of Ex. 2, page 150.
1. What kind of place is a park?
2. Where are there many parks?
3. Are the parks beautiful in all the seasons of the year?
4. Do the parks turn green in spring or in autumn?
5. What events do the parks host in summer?
6. What does any park connect people to?
5. Write 7-8 sentences about the activities people and children can do in the park. Use the words in the box given below.
•to enjoy a walk on the path • to enjoy a view of the fountain • to have a picnic in special areas • to sit on the grass / under the trees • to read books • to go boating on the lake • to sit on the bench by the lake • to watch the birds • to ride a bike •
Many people enjoy their walk on the path when the weather is fine.
6. Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions about the pictures. Then talk about the activities you like to do or your friend likes to do in the park.
A: What do you like to do in the park?
B: I like to sit on the bench by the lake and read a book.
7. Write sentences about the activities children and people do in the park in different seasons of the year.
It is summer / spring' now. The weather is nice. There are many flowers in the park. Children can play with a ball on the green grass.