Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 7. The Place Where I Live
1. Answer the questions.
1. What landmarks is your region famous for?
2. Have you visited any of these places?
3. What do you know about them?
4. What places in other parts of Ukraine would you like to visit?
2. You are going to read the page from a guide book about a famous park in Donetsk. For questions (1-4), choose the correct heading (A-D).
Forged Figures Park
A Sculptures in the Park
C Blacksmith Capital
D A Unique Park
(1)C Blacksmith Capital
There are many kinds of parks in Donetsk. There are parks with a lot of trees, flowers, beautiful fountains, and sculptures. And people go to all these parks to have a rest.
As usual you can find outdoor theatres, zoos, concert halls, cafés, lakes for boating, and areas for sport and fun in the parks. Among all these parks there is one that stands out. It is Forged Figures Park (Park Kovanyh Figur). It is the park devoted to handcrafted iron works. In fact, there is no other similar parkin the world. That’s why Donetsk is officially one of the best blacksmith cities in Europe.
(3) ... .
At first it had only ten sculptures with a bunch of forged roses - the symbol of Donetsk. Now there are more than 150 sculptures there. You can see them in different alleys, such as the Fairy Tales Alley, the Architectural Copies Alley and others.
(4) ... .
Artists and blacksmiths can get together in this park, show their works, and participate in the art festival every year. These festivals gather talented craftsmen from all over the world.
3. Look through the text of Ex. 2, pp. 152-153 and find the following things:
1) the name of the blacksmith capital;
2) the name of the unique park in Donetsk;
3) the symbol of Donetsk;
4) the names of the alleys in the park;
5) the name of the event which happens every year;
6) the name of the profession of people who come to the art festivals.
4. Agree or disagree. Correct the wrong statements.
1. People go to Forged Figures Park to have a rest.
2. You can find outdoor theatres, zoos, concert halls, cafés, lakes for boating, and areas for sport and fun in the parks.
3. At first there were only twenty sculptures with a bunch of forged roses in the park.
4. Now the collection of sculptures has less than 150 exhibits.
5. There are many alleys in the park.
6. The art festival in Donetsk gathers talented craftsmen from all over Ukraine.
5. Work in pairs. Act out the situation.
You are in Forged Figures Park with your friend. He has never been to this park before. He asks you a lot of questions about it. Your answers are given. Write the questions to the answers on page 154. Then act out the dialogue.
B: Yes, there are many parks in Donetsk.
B: There are parks with a lot of trees, flowers, beautiful fountains, and sculptures.
B: It is the unique Forged Figures Park (Park Kovanyh Figur).
B: There is no other similar park in the world.
B: Yes, really. I like to go there very much.
B: One of the reasons is that my father is a blacksmith and he tells me a lot of interesting things about the forged figures there.
B: Yes, he has. He took part in the festival last year and you can see his sculpture in the park, too. If you want I can show it to you.