Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 9. School Life
1. Listen and repeat. Say what things you use / don’t use at the lessons.
I use a pen at the lessons. I don’t use a mobile telephone at the lessons.
•a pen • a toy car • a pencil • a school bag • a mobile telephone • a textbook • an exercise book • a watch • a ruler • a CD • an eraser • a pencil box • a pair of scissors • a bottle of glue • a doll • a sweet • a marker • a stapler • a diary • a dictionary • a pencil sharpener • a ball •
2. Look at the pictures and name the things you see.
I see a bottle of glue. It’s Number 2.
3. Work in pairs. Act out the dialogues about the things you use at school.
1. A: Have you got a ....?
B: Yes, I have.
A: Can I take your ...?
B: Yes, certainly.
2. A: Is there a(n) ... on your desk?
B: Yes, there is. There’s a(n) ... on my desk.
3. A: Is your pen small / ... ?
B: Yes, it is. / No, it is not.
4. A: Is your pencil red / ...?
B: No, it is not. It is yellow.
4. Read and complete the sentences. Use the verbs in the box given below. Say what school things the children are talking about.
• to cut • to stick • to write • to read • to rub • to carry • to keep •
We ...paper with it. - We cut paper with it. These are the scissors.
1. We ... letters with it. It is a(n) ... .
2. We ... things together. It is ... .
3. We ... it. It is a(n) ... .
4. We ... things in it. It is a(n) ... .
5. We ... something off with it. It is a(n) ... .
6. We ... textbooks in it. It is a(n) ... .
Grammar Lab: General and Wh-questions
We ask a general question to the whole sentence. We use the necessary auxiliary verb to build a question. We usually give a short answer to the general question.
I put a book into my bag yesterday.
Did you put a book into your bag yesterday? - Yes, I did. / No, I didn’t.
I usually write in my exercise books.
Do you usually write in your exercise books? - Yes, I do. / No, I don’t.
We ask a special question (a Wh-question) to a part of a sentence. We usually use the following question words:
What? Who? When? Where? Why? Whose? Whom? How?
We use the necessary auxiliary verb after the question word.
We can give short and full answers to the Wh-question.
What did you put into your bag' yesterday? - A book, or I put a book into my bag' yesterday.
Where do you usually write? - In my exercise books, or I usually write in my exercise books.
5. Write questions and answers as in the example.
Example: Yesterday I draw a picture. But I didn’t like it and rubbed it with an eraser, ()
Did you rub the picture with an eraser yesterday? - Yes, I did. What did you rub the picture with? - An eraser.
At the lessons of music we usually measure things with a ruler. (х) Do we usually measure things with a ruler at the lessons of music? - No, we don’t.
What do we usually do with a ruler? - We usually measure things with it.
1. I always keep my pens, pencils, rulers and erasers in a pencil box. ()
2. My mother stuck three things together with the glue ten minutes ago. (х)
3. He cut out some pictures with the scissors yesterday. (х)
4. All children of our class keep their textbooks and their exercise books in their bags. ()
5. We carried our textbooks to the library yesterday. (х)
6. Pupils wrote a dictation with their pens last week. ()
6. a) Work in pairs. Pupil A thinks of one of the school things. Pupil B asks questions to guess what it is. Then take turns.
Ann: Is it big?
Dan: No, it isn’t. It is small.
Ann: Can I write with it?
Dan: Yes, you can.
Ann: Ah, I know! It is a pen.
Dan: That’s right.
b) Work in groups. Write a list of school rules and then discuss them.
Example: We must come to school on time.
We mustn't run in the corridors during the breaks.
7. Write your answers to the questions given below.
1. Do you like to study at school?
2. What school subjects did you study last year?
3. Are there many or few schools in our town / city / village?
4. Will you have English lessons next year?
5. What has your teacher just written on the blackboard?
6. The lesson is over. What is ringing now?