Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 1. My Family and Friends
1. Listen and repeat.
2. Work in pairs. Act out the dialogues. Use the words from Ex. 1.
A: What job would you like to have in the future? B: I’d like to be
A: What’s your father’s occupation?
B: He’s a lawyer.
A: A lawyer?
B: Yes. That’s right.
Ann: Jane, you’ve got a brother. What’s his occupation? Is he an engineer?
Jane: No, he isn’t an engineer.
Ann: Is he a driver?
Jane: No, he isn’t. He is a manager.
Ann: Do you want to be a manager, too?
Jane: No, I don’t. I want to be a vet. I like animals. And you?
Ann: I want to be a fashion designer. I like to design new clothes.
Grammar: Past Simple Tense
We use the Past Simple Tense:
• to talk about a complete action in the past:
We went outside to play ball.
• for a series of past actions:
I went to a cloakroom and took a sandwich quickly.
• when there is a past time expression: yesterday, last year, in 2000:
It was a terrible day yesterday.
I watered the plants yesterday.
Did you water the plants yesterday? - Yes, I did./ No, I didn’t. I didn’t water the plants yesterday.
For regular verbs add -ed: look - looked.
We have to memorize irregular verbs.
Spelling rules: drop-dropped, carry-carried See Grammar Reference p. 212. 3.
Play a grammar game. Act as in the example. Use the verbs from the box.
• to think • to meet • to eat • to say • to find • to become • to catch • to say • to write •
Teacher: Say the verbs in the Past Simple. Think.
Group A: Thought.
Teacher: Correct. Group A gets a point.
4. a) Work in pairs. Write the names of some of your relatives (your mother, father, aunt, etc). Give the list to your partner. Your partner asks you who they are.
Who is Kate?
She is my aunt.
What does she do?
She is a hairdresser.
b) Speak in class. Act out the situation.
You visited your father / mother in the place where they work yesterday. Talk about the things you saw / did there.
My father is a veterinarian (a vet). I went to the vet clinic yesterday. My father treated a sick dog. I watched / helped him.
5. Write down questions and short answers to the following sentences.
I went shopping last Sunday.
Did you go shopping last Sunday? - Yes, I did. / No, didn’t.
1. I took my pet to school yesterday.
2. I put all my textbooks into my bag yesterday.
3. We became good friends last summer.
4. I played football in the park yesterday.
5. I wanted to buy a can of coke yesterday.