Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 9. School Life
Grammar Lab: Pronouns
I - me - my
You - you - your
We - us - our
He - him - his
You - you - your
She - her - her
They - them - their
It - it - its
1. Work in pairs. Complete the dialogues with the correct pronouns and act them out.
1. A: Do your parents teach in our school?
B: No, … don’t … teach students at the university.
2. A: Do you know how to spell the word “canteen”?
B: Sure. I can spell … is so easy.
3. A: Is Steve Parker in your class?
B: Yes, … is. I sit next to …
2. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1. The pupils … Exercise 5 yet. (not / to do)
2. My friend … already … his homework, (to finish)
3. I … many English books last month, (to read)
4. … we … an interesting film in History tomorrow? (to see)
5. I … my homework now. (to do)
6. They … this exercise 10 minutes ago. (to write)
7. Helen … her homework yesterday, (not / to do)
8. … he … the sums at the lesson of Mathematics? (to do)
3. Write negative sentences.
1. School year always begins on the 1st Monday of September.
2. In Ukrainian schools classes usually begin at eleven o’clock in the morning.
3. Pupils wear their best clothes to schools in Ukraine.
4. Listen and read. Then, tick the statements T (True) or F (False).
Bob: My favourite school subject is Computer Studies. We have lessons twice a week - on Tuesdays and Fridays. I don’t like to play active games. I like to use the computer.
I often write letters to my friends who live in other countries. I send them photos and chat with them about our school life. Sometimes I use the Internet to do my homework. I also listen to music. But my favourite activity is playing computer games. My mother always asks me to use computer safely. She asks me to give my eyes some rest and sit with my back straight.
__ 1. I like to play active games.
__ 2. I often write letters to my friends who live in other countries.
__ 3. My favourite activity is playing computer games.
__ 4. Bob doesn’t send photos by email.
__ 5. I should give my eyes some rest and sit with my back straight.
6. Bob can use the Internet.
5. Speak in class. Talk about your happy / bad day at school. In your story tell the classmates:
• what day it was;
• what happened;
• who you spent that day with;
• what happened in the end.
6. Write about your English lesson. Use the words: favourite, a subject, to begin, to study, to read English books, to do exercises, to learn the new words, to use a dictionary, to learn a lot, to get good marks, to read stories in English, to act out the dialogues.