Підручник Англійська мова 5 клас (5-й рік навчання) - А.М. Несвіт - Генеза 2018 рік
Unit 1. My Family and Friends
1. Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions.
1. Have you got grandparents?
2. Do your grandparents live in the city or in the country?
3. Where do your grandparents work?
4. How often do you visit them?
5. What do you usually do when you are together?
6. What do you want to be when you are a grown-up?
2. Look, read and say where these people live and what they do there.
City Grandfather, Country Grandfather
("After Robert Hasselblad)
I have got two grandfathers. One lives in the city. One lives in the country. They are both hard-working.
My city grandfather works in an office. He is a businessman. My country grandfather works in the field and on the farm. He is a farmer.
When I visit my city grandfather at his office, he lets me work on the computer. I stick stamps on his business letters. He tells me that I am learning about business.
When I visit my country grandfather, he lets me pet the cows to keep them happy. He lets me ride with him on the tractor. He tells me that I am learning about farming.
At the end of every visit, both my city grandfather and my country grandfather give me big hugs and say, “See you real soon!1” They often give me some pocket money. When I get it, I have to make choices about spending or saving it. I usually save it up. It’s not easy to wait for things I want, but I can. I’ve learnt something about money management.
Maybe when I grow up, I’ll be a farmer and live in the country. Maybe I’ll be a businessman and live in the city. I know about both.
3. Read and complete the sentences.
1. Dan’s city grandfather is a … .
2. Dan’s country grandfather is a … .
3. When Dan visits his city grandfather he … .
4. When Dan visits his country grandfather he … .
5. At the end of every visit, both Dan’s city grandfather and country grandfather … and … .
1See you real soon! - Скоро побачимо, ким ти станеш!
4. Listen and tick the objects Steve mentions in his story.
5. Speak in class. Talk about your grandparents.
A: My grandfather lives in the city. When I visit him, we ride our bikes together all around the city. We buy popcorn to feed the birds in the park.
B: My grandfather lives in the country. When I visit him, we work on the farm together. We feed the rabbits and cows.
Time for Fun
Play a mime game.
You are Steve. Mime the actions. The class tries to guess what you are doing.
Pupil A: shows that he rides a bike.
Pupil B: You are riding a bike.
6. Write about your grandparents. Use the questions of Ex. 1, page 20 to help you.