Англійська мова 6 клас - Несвіт Алла
Unit 2. Shopping
1. a) Listen to the text “Five Loaves of Bread”1 and say why the man needed so much bread every day.
b) Listen to the text again and tick the sentences T (True) or F (False).
1. Mr Smith bought four loaves of bread every day.
2. Mr Brown bought one loaf of bread for his parents.
3. Mr Smith asked Mr Brown a lot of questions.
4. Mr Brown bought some bread in the supermarket.
5. Mr Brown bought two loaves of bread for his children.
6. Mr Brown and Mr Smith were friends.
2. Listen, read and act out the dialogue.
Kim is doing the shopping now. She has got a long shopping list. She has already bought some vegetables and fruit and now she is ordering cold cuts2at the deli department.
Shop-assistant: Who is next?
Kim: I am.
Shop-assistant: What would you like?
Kim: I’d like a kilo of ham and half a kilo of cheese.
Shop-assistant: Anything else?
Kim: No, that’s all, thanks.
1 See Tapescript on page 221.
2 Cold cuts - thinly cut pieces of cooked meat, cheese, etc. eaten cold.
3. Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions.
1. Where is Kim?
2. What does she want to buy?
3. Who is she talking to?
4. How much ham does she want to buy?
5. How much cheese does she want to buy?
6. Does Kim want to buy anything else?
4. Work in pairs. Act out the situation “In the Supermarket”. Use the dialogue of Ex. 2 on page 36 as an example.
Role Card A. You are the customer. You are doing the shopping in the supermarket. Write a shopping list. Order what you want.
Role Card B. You are the shop-assistant. Talk to the customer and help him / her to buy the things he / she is looking for.
5. Read and choose the correct item to complete the sentences. Write the correct words.
1. Tom always ......... the shopping on Sundays.
A do В does С is doing
2. The things which are similar.. in the same area in the super
A is В will be С are
3. Steve ... already... cold cuts at the deli department.
A have ordered В is ordering С has ordered
4. - What would you like?
— I.... a kilo of apples, please.
A want В like С would like
5. - Excuse me, can you help me? I .... for the confectionery department.
A am looking В looked С look
6. I have... a kilo of fish, but I haven’t.. any cheese and sausages.
A buy В buys С bought