Англійська мова 6 клас - Несвіт Алла
Unit 2. Shopping
Lesson 10. Grammar Revision
1. Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions as in the example.
A: How many nickels are there in a dollar?
B: There are 20 nickels in a dollar.
A: How many pennies are there in a pound?
2. a) Write down anything you don’t know about shopping. You may want to think about places to do the shopping, things to buy, etc. Write down questions starting with:
Why … ? When … ? Where … ? Who … ? What … ? How … ?
b) Work in pairs. Discuss your questions with your friend. Can you answer them?
3. Write the words in the correct order to make sentences.
1. gone / Sue / today / has / shopping/ . / making / she / is / Now / for / salad / dinner / .
2. bag / so / Your / heavy / is / . / you / What / bought / have / ?
3. are / We / clothes / in / shop / the / . / are / for / We / looking / a / shirt / new .
4. barbecue / you / some / food / buy / for / Can / the / ?
4. Read, complete and act out the dialogue.
Ann: Hello, Kim! How are you?
Ann: I’m fine. I went shopping yesterday morning with Jane and my mum.
Kim: ….. ?
Ann: Well, first I went to the clothes department and I bought a new blouse.
Kim: ….. ?
Ann: No, it wasn’t very expensive. We paid fifty hryvnias for it. Then we went to a music shop. Jane wanted to look at the CDs. She likes listening to music.
Kim: ….. ?
Ann: Yes, she…… Those two CDs cost…… After that, we went to the market. They sell nice clothes there.
5. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense form.
Maria (1)……… (to go) shopping with her mother last Saturday. They (2)…… (to want) to buy some presents for the coming holiday.
At first the girl and her mum (3)….. (to buy) a nice tie for father, then they (4)……(to look) at the toys for Maria’s classmates. The girl (5)……(to see) nice dolls, jigsaw puzzles and interesting board games. Then they (6)………………………….. ….(to visit) the ladies’ and junior dresses section.
While Maria’s mother (7) …….. (to try on) a new skirt, the girl (8)… .(to go) to look at the other departments. Maria (9) …(not / even / to notice) how she (10)…… (to get) lost. She (11) …. (to ask) the shop-assistant to help her. Soon her mum (12) ….(to have) nothing to worry about.
Think of your records. Decide how well you know it:
4 = very well, 3 = OK, 2 = a little, 1 = needs to improve