Англійська мова 6 клас - Несвіт Алла
Unit 3. Food and Drinks
1. a) Work in pairs. Таке turns to ask and answer the questions in the table. Add information.
A: Do you usually eat a big breakfast?
B: No, I don’t. I usually have a sandwich and a cup of tea. What about you?
A: I usually have a big breakfast. I have a bowl of cereal, eggs and toast.
• Do you eat a big breakfast?
• Do you cook breakfast by yourself?
• When do you eat your breakfast?
• What do you drink in the morning: tea or coffee?
• Do you like to eat fast food in the morning?
• Do you eat rice or potatoes in the morning?
2. Say what the members of your family usually have for breakfast. Use the words from the box on page 61.
• bread and butter • porridge • eggs • cheese • sausages • sandwiches • tea (with milk or with lemon) • coffee • milk • juice • cocoa • sweets • cookies • juice • puddings • pancakes •
3. Read and say what children usually have for breakfast on a typical day.
Kate: I always have a boiled egg, some toast and a glass of milk or orange juice for breakfast. I can’t go to school without breakfast. I usually have lunch at school. There’s a great choice of things to eat. You can have burgers, baked potatoes, pizza, sausages and lots of other things.
Kim: I love milk, so I always have cereal for breakfast with lots of milk on it! I don’t have school lunches. I buy my own. If I go to the cafe near school, I have a milkshake. Chocolate’s my favourite flavour.
Dan: I’m a vegetarian, so I don’t eat meat. I eat both cheese and eggs instead. I eat lots of fruit and vegetables, too. I start the day with either some fruit or yoghurt. I usually have a banana or an orange. I take a packed lunch to school with me. This is usually cheese sandwiches and a couple of apples.
4. Look through the text of Ex. 2 and say who:
• thinks vegetables are healthy. Dan
• only eats a little for breakfast. ...
• always has cereal for breakfast with lots of milk ...
• can’t go to school without breakfast. ...
5. Read and complete the sentences. Choose the correct word.
1. I was ....... tired. The porridge tastes..... (awful / awfully)
2. She cried......... This coffee tastes....... (bitter / bitterly)
3. Those flowers look......... She sings...... (beautiful / beautifully)
4. This dish tastes......... That was a..... creamy soup. (delicious / deliciously!).
5. Your tape recorder sounds....... The boy cooked..... (wonderful / wonderfully)
6. Read and act out the situations.
• Tell your friend about your favourite dish.
• Ask your friend about the dishes he / she usually eats for breakfast / lunch / dinner.
7. Read and act out a dialogue about the food you eat for breakfast. Start like this:
Ann: Hi, Tom! Why are you eating a banana? Haven’t you had breakfast?
Tom: Hi, Ann! You see, I cannot eat before going to school. And I always have a small snack of healthy food like nuts, fruit, vegetables or yoghurt.
Ann: But I always have my breakfast at home. I eat foods like cereal, bread, eggs, milk and dairy foods which keep me going until lunch.
8. Write a paragraph about your typical meals during the day. Use the questions given below to help you. What kinds of food do you eat every day?
• Do you usually eat fruit and vegetables? What kinds?
• How often do you drink milk or water?
• What kinds of food do you like to cook?
• Where do you usually buy your food?
1 Deliciously — надзвичайно смачно