Англійська мова 6 клас - Несвіт Алла
о talk about your family and friends; describe people’s appearance and character, their interests;
о read about a family tree project;
о listen to a dialogue with personal information;
о write a story about your sister / brother / friend;
о revise comparative and superlative degrees of adjectives; the Present Simple Tense, the Present Continuous Tense.
1. Work in pairs. Talk with your friend.
1. How many people are there in your family?
2. Have you got any brothers or sisters?
3. How do you get on with them?
4. Would you like to have a larger or a smaller family? Why? Why not?
5. What traditions have you got in your family?
2. Listen, read and say which family looks like yours.
Different Families, Different Lives
1. I’m Olha. I’m new to Kyiv. My father has a new job here. He likes his job. I’m from Kharkiv. I miss my native city! My grandparents live in Kharkiv, so I only see them in the holidays. Two of my cousins live in Kyiv and I see them at the weekend.
I go to a new school. I’m in the sixth form. My classmates are really nice. I’ve got a younger brother. He is five. He doesn’t go to school. He goes to the kindergarten. I like music and dancing.
2. My name is John. I’m 12 years old and I’m in Year 6. My favourite subjects are English and Drama. I’ve got two brothers and a sister. We live with my mum and dad in London. I love travelling. My parents were born in Edinburgh, so we’ve got lots of relatives in Scotland. We go there once or twice a year to stay with my aunt and uncle. I’ve got three cousins. Robert and me are of the same age. Mark is two years younger, and Alice is the oldest one. She is 20, and she is a student. I love my family.
3. Agree or disagree with the sentences. Correct the false ones.
Olha lives in Ukraine. True.
1. Olha lives in Ukraine.
2. John’s family originally came from Bozeman, a town in the USA.
3. John spends a lot of time with his cousins.
4. Olha likes her new city.
4. Work in pairs. Student A answers questions 1-6 for the first text of Ex. 2. Student В answers questions 1-6 for the second text of Ex. 2.
1. What is his / her name?
2. Where does he / she live?
3. What’s his / her native city?
4. Who does he / she live with?
5. Who does he / she visit in his / her native city?
6. How many brothers / sisters does the person have?
5. Work in pairs.
a) Write a list of questions to interview your friend about his I her close family.
b) Ask each other questions about your families.
6. Write a paragraph about your family. Use the plan given below and Ex. 2 as an example. Include the following:
• write your name and age;
• give information about your family members;
• include information about your hobbies;
• write something about the school where you study.