Англійська мова 6 клас - Несвіт Алла
Unit 5. Travelling
1. Look at the pictures and talk about them as in the example. Use the adjectives in the box and add a suitable adverb like much/a lot/less /not much.
Example: Travelling by plane / travelling by train / fast.
- Travelling by plane is much faster than travelling by train.
• fast • comfortable • easy • exciting • difficult •
travelling by plane travelling by train
travelling by bus travelling by ship
travelling by car going on foot
2. Listen and read. Say who went to another country: Ann or Dan.
Ann: I remember my first trip to my grandmother. We went there by car. It look us two hours to get there. I am the first grandchild of my family, so we try to visit her as often as possible. I always take some of my favourite books for a ride.
Dan: I enjoy travelling with my parents. They always plan our holidays very well. Two years ago I had my first trip abroad. We went to Egypt. It was my first trip by aeroplane, and I liked it a lot. The flight lasted for four hours. I watched TV and had a rest during the trip. We stayed in a lovely hotel. I rode a camel and dived with an aqualung. That was fantastic!
3. Work in pairs. Ask and answer the questions.
1. Who had the shortest journey?
2. Who regularly visits his / her relatives?
3. Who had a chance to relax while travelling?
4. Who usually takes some books for a ride?
5. Who visited a far away country?
6. Who liked diving with an aqualung?
4. Read and act out a situation.
You’re talking with your English-speaking friend Jane. She is sharing with you her memories about her family trips. Listen and ask questions to get more information.
Jane: I remember our family road trips. We had them almost every summer. We went to Brighton to visit our Aunt Emily and Uncle George. It took us more than four hours to get there. When we travelled, my mum usually drove. I sat in the back passenger seat with my suitcase. It was full of different things. I met my friends. We had a lot of fun at the seaside.
Did you stay with your aunt for a month?
Did you have any cousins there?
5. Write a short story about the best trip you ever had. Use the questions given below to help you.
• Where did you go?
• Who did you go there with?
• What means of transport did you use?
• How long were you there?
• Did you like your trip or not? Why?