Англійська мова 6 клас - Несвіт Алла
Unite 7. Ukraine. Kyiv
1. Match the sentences (1-6) to the pictures (A-E).
The main road in our city is very noisy.
the main road a road sign a pedestrian crossing
a pavement the traffic lights an underground station sign
1. Mrs Petrenko is walking along Khreshchatyk Street.
2. Joe is going to cross the street at the traffic lights.
3. Sue is looking for the underground station.
4. Dan ans Alex are waiting for their friends on the pavement.
5. Look, Helen! There’s a pedestrian crossing over there. Let’s cross the street there.
6. It’s Sunday. There is no traffic on the road.
2. Complete the sentences.
1. You can go - the traffic ....... is green.
2. Where is the nearest ...... station?
3. My aunt and uncle live on the ..... road.
4. Can you read that road.... ?
5. At the ...... , do we go left, right or straight on?
6. Walk on the......... not in the road!
3. Work in pairs. Act out the dialogues.
A: Excuse me. How far is it from ..... to..... ?
B: It’s pretty far. It’s about ..... minutes walk.
A: And what’s the best way to get there?
B: Go straight on and take the second turn right at the traffic
lights. There is a bus stop there. Take Bus ........ and get off at
the fifth stop.
A: Thank you.
B: You’re welcome.
A: Excuse me. Is there a minibus going from here to . ?
B: I’m sorry. I don’t know. I’m on a visit here. You should try asking.
B: Excuse me. I’m looking for...... Underground Station.
A: Do you see that pedestrian crossing over there?
B: Yes, I do.
A: You should cross the street there. Then just keep going along the street, and take the second turn on the left. You’ll see the underground station sign there.
B: Thank you very much.
A: You’re welcome.
4. Read and act out the situation. Use the information from the table on page 151.
Pupil A: You are a tourist. Ask someone to help you find the place you are looking for.
Pupil B: You are a Kyivite. Help the tourist to find the place he / she is looking for.
• see a famous cathedral • learn more about nature in Ukraine • stay • buy a souvenir • see traditional Ukrainian artworks • enjoy a picturesque view • see ancient mosaics and frescoes • learn more about Ukrainian history • admire some unusual buildings • take part in some traditional celebrations • see famous paintings • watch an opera • watch a 3D film •
Pupil A: Where can I.... ?
Pupil B: There is a good museum in Kyiv. It is in Bohdan Khmelnitskiy Street.
the city’s most artistic street
The Golden Gate
an ancient fortification built by Yaroslav the Wise
an unusual Art Nouveau house
the main square in Kyiv, the place of national celebrations and important events
a charming city centre park
Mariyinskiy Park Independence Square The Golden Gate
5. Write a paragraph about places to visit in Kyiv. Use the information from the table in Ex. 4.
Andriyivskiy Uzviz is Kyiv’s most artistic street. You can buy traditional Ukrainian souvenirs there.