Англійська мова 6 клас - Несвіт Алла
Unite 7. Ukraine. Kyiv
1. a) Look at the pictures and talk about the places the children visited last summer I are going to visit next summer.
b) Work in pairs I groups. Talk about your last I next holidays.
1. We visited Kyiv last summer. We went on excursions there. We saw We also went to
2. We are going to visit Kyiv next summer. We are going to travel by train. We are going to visit some museums there.
2. Listen, read and act out the dialogues.
Jane: What are you going to do on holidays, Ann?
Ann: We are going to visit our grandparents in the country first. We’re going to travel by car. Then I’ll have a rest at home. Maybe, we’ll go on an excursion to one of the museums or take a boat tour on the Dnipro River.
Jane: I’m going to stay in Kyiv in August. Could I possibly join you on your trip?
Ann: Certainly. I’ll be happy to spend some time with you. Let’s go and tell Dan. He likes making holiday plans!
Dan: Hello, Steve! How was the excursion? When did you get back? Steve: At about seven o’clock in the evening.
Dan: Did you have a good time?
Steve: Yes, I did.
Dan: How did you get there?
Steve: By underground, of course. It’s very convenient and quick.
........ has got good news for Ann and Dan.
........ asks about the plans for the coming holidays.
........ asks about the means of transport a person travelled by.
........ tells his friend about his last trip.
........ tells his friend about the plans for the coming holidays.
........ likes travelling by underground.
4. Work in pairs. Look and say what museums the children have visited and what they have seen there.
1. - What places in Kyiv has Jane visited?
- Jane has visited the Golden Gate. She has seen a good exhibition there.
2. - Who has been to the Kyiv-Pecherska Lavra?
- Kim has been there. She has visited different museums there.
1. Jane / the Golden Gate
2. Kim / the Kyiv-Pecherska Lavra
3. Peter / St. Sophia’s Cathedral
4. Emily / Andriyivskiy Uzviz
5. Work in pairs. Take turns to ask and answer the questions.
When you visit new towns / cities, do you...
• go sightseeing?
• take a map with you?
• buy a guidebook?
• take photos?
• visit museums and art galleries?
• look round for shops?
• often get lost?
• go on a guided tour?
6. Write about your favourite place in Kyiv.
A: My favourite part of Kyiv is the Lower City, or Podil in Ukrainian. It is a historical part of the city. People who visit Kyiv for the first time often go to Podil and Andriyivskiy Uzviz located near St. Andrew’s Church. Here you can see traditional folk arts festivals and concerts. You can also visit interesting art galleries and shops. You can buy some nice hand-made souvenirs in this street as well.
B: Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine, has a lot of parks and recreation areas where you can just relax and enjoy the fresh air and surroundings. The most popular place to spend free time is Hydropark. This large riverside park is a good place for swimming, sunbathing, rowing and playing beach volleyball.
Think of your records. Decide how well you know it:
4 = very well, 3 = OK, 2 = a little, 1 = needs to improve