Англійська мова 6 клас - Несвіт Алла
Unit 8. School Life
1. Look, read and match the pictures with the geographical names in the box.
• mountains • a valley • a river • the sea • the ocean • a continent • countries (the USA / Canada / Great Britain) • cities • a map • a famous building (The Houses of Parliament) • the Earth • a flag • a lake • a hill • an ocean •
2. Look at the picture. Find the objects in the box given below. Then read and choose the correct words to complete the sentences.
• a forest • a mountain • a lake • an island • a valley • a hill • a river • the sea • a volcano • farmland • a landmark •
We climbed the big forest / mountain.
1. There’s some farmland / lake near the village.
2. Let’s walk up the hill / island.
3. The coast / valley was very wide.
4. How deep is the hill / lake?
5. Which is the longest mountain / river in your country?
6. There was a fire in that forest / river last year.
7. There isn’t a village on the island / sea.
8. Are there many landmarks / volcanoes in Great Britain?
3. Work in groups. Do the quiz.
4. Work in pairs. Act out the dialogues about the things you talk in Geography lessons.
1. A: Do you work with the map in Geography lessons?
B: Yes, we do.
A: How many continents can you find on the map?
B: We can find seven continents on the map.
2. A: Can you find mountains and valleys on the continents?
B: Yes, we can.
3. A: Are there many rivers and seas on our planet?
B: Yes, there are. There are more rivers than seas on our planet.
4. A: Do people live along the banks of the rivers / at the seaside / in the cities / in the villages?
B: Today people live mostly in towns and cities. But they prefer to have holidays at the seaside or on the banks of the rivers.
5. Write Yes I No questions and short answers.
We learned how landscapes change in our Geography lesson yesterday. (x)
Did we learn how landscapes change in our Geography lesson yesterday? - No, we didn’t.
The population of the Earth is constantly growing. (✓) Is the population of the Earth constantly growing? - Yes, it is.
1. The weather is different in different parts of our planet. (✓)
2. As a mathematician you can study mountains and the ocean floor. (x)
3. When we build new houses we change the lives of the creatures around us. (✓)
4. Tomorrow we’ll speak about planet Earth! (x)
5. My brother was good at Geography when he studied at school. (x)
6. My friend’s sister knows a lot about the geography of Ukraine. (✓)