Англійська мова 6 клас - Несвіт Алла
Unit 8. School Life
Lessons 7-8. Grammar Revision
1. Look at the pictures and say what children do in the English lessons. Match the pictures (А-I) to the activities. Use the phrases from the box given below.
• to do exercises from the textbook • to write spelling dictations • to work in pairs • to work in groups • to do a project • to learn vocabulary • to discuss different topics • to make up a story • to role-play • to listen to spoken English of native speakers • to learn about culture •
2. Listen and repeat. Say what you usually do in the English lessons.
We often listen to spoken English of native speakers using headphones. Sometimes native speakers come to our lessons and we communicate with them.
3. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
1. The pupils ...... (not to do) Exercise 5 yet.
2. My friend........ already... (to finish) his homework.
3. I ...... (to read) many English books last month.
4.......... we... (to see) an interesting film in History tomorrow?
5. I ...... (to do) my homework now.
6. Helen ........ (not to do) her homework yesterday.
7.......... he. (to do) the sums in the Maths lessons?
4. Read and choose the correct modal verb.
Students who do exercises every day can / must be physically active for a lifetime.
1. My friend is so imaginative that he could / should draw himself deep underwater finding treasure yesterday.
2. Everybody can / has to read Maths material slowly and thoroughly.
3. We can / had to divide all literature into two groups depending on their form: prose and poetry.
4. Pupils mustn’t / must pay much attention to all the subjects because they are all important.
5. You can / can’t be a well-educated person if you don’t know at least one foreign language.
6. They could / can make crafts, draw and paint in Art lessons when they were in the fifth form.
5. Work in small groups. Discuss your favourite school subjecs. Each group speaks in class. In pupils’ reports they tell their classmates:
• what subject is their favourite;
• what activities they do during their favourite lesson;
• why they like this subject.
6. Write what you usually do in the English lessons. Use the words from the box given below.
• to read the text from the textbook and answer the questions to the text • to write sentences • to do grammar exercises • to learn poems and songs by heart • to ask and answer the questions on a given topic • to make up stories or dialogues • to set up role-plays • to take part in different quiz-games • to recite rhymes and poems •
Think of your records. Decide how well you know it:
4 = very well, 3 = OK, 2 = a little, 1 = needs to improve