Підручник Англійська мова 7 клас (3-й рік навчання) - Л.І. Морська - Богдан 2015 рік
Unit 2 SPORTS AND GAMES
1. Listen and read the dialogues. Act them out in pairs. Make up one similar dialogue.
Buggy: Did you have a good time yesterday?
Jane: Yes. I enjoyed the party very much. Everyone was so happy.
Buggy: What did you do at the party?
Jane: Well, it began at four o’clock but I came later. We danced and played different games.
Buggy: Did Jack play his violin?
Jane: Yes, he did. It was wonderful. Then his cousin from France called.
Buggy: Would you like to dance?
Jane: Oh, yes.
Buggy: What school do you go to?
Jane: I go to school number 25.
Buggy: Do you like your school?
Jane: Yes, it’s a great place for me. And what about you? Do you like your school?
Buggy: Well, not as much as you do, but I like it.
Buggy (two minutes later): Well, thank you very much for the dance.
Jane: The pleasure was mine (мається на увазі: мені теж було приємно потанцювати).
A: Would you like to go to the cinema tonight?
B: I’d love to.
A: Where can we meet?
B: How about the central square?
A: All right. What time?
B: Is four o’clock OK?
A: Yes, that’s fine.
2. Say what games you like (don’t like) to play and why. There is a model to help you.
Model: I like to play tennis because it is a fast game. I don’t like to play chess because it is not interesting. Yesterday I played tennis. I didn’t play chess yesterday.
3. Say what games your friend likes (doesn’t like) to play and why. There is a model to help you.
Model: My friend likes to play chess because it is a funny game. But he doesn’t like to play basketball because the ball is very heavy. Yesterday he didn’t play basketball, but he played chess.
4. Answer the questions given below.
1. How old are you?
2. How old were you last year?
3. Have you usually got a party on your birthday?
4. Whom do you usually invite to your birthday party?
5. Do you like to get presents?
6. What presents did you get for your last birthday?
7. Do you like to give presents?
8. When did you go to your friend’s birthday party?
9. What present did you give your friend?
10. What did you do at your friend’s birthday party?
11. Was your friend happy with his presents?
5. Read the tongue twisters and learn them.
• A big black bug bit a big black dog on his big black nose!
• Elizabeth’s birthday is on the third Thursday of this month.
6. Choose the correct sentence.
1. a) We not go to school at weekends,
b) We don’t go to school at weekends.
2. a) I do not have lunch at school,
b) I am not have lunch at school.
3. a) You no read the newspaper in the morning.
b) You do not read the newspaper in the morning.
4. a) They not went to the village on Friday,
b) They did not go to the village on Friday.
7. Read the following sentences a) in the negative; b) in the interrogative.
Model: Linda went home early.
— Did Linda go home early?
— Linda didn’t go home early.
1. Tom hurt his foot yesterday. 2. She lost her way in the strange city. 3. They flew to California. 4. My father chose that hotel. 5. She lost her bag an hour ago. 6. The police caught the thief. 7. He hid the letter. 8. She thought about it last week. 9. They found my watch. 10. We left early. 11. Mr. Thompson fell off the bike and broke his arm. 12. My sister slept till ten.