Підручник Англійська мова 7 клас (3-й рік навчання) - Л.І. Морська - Богдан 2015 рік
Unit 3 SHOPPING. FOOD AND DRINKS
1. Listen and read the dialogue. Role-play it with your partner. Then make up a similar one.
Waiter: What would you like for dinner?
Mrs. Miller: I’d like the steak, please.
Waiter: And for you, sir?
Mr. Miller: I’d like the chicken with rice, please.
Waiter: Right away.
2. Answer the questions.
1. Did you have breakfast this morning?
2. Who do you eat breakfast with? Who do you eat lunch with?
3. What did you have for dinner yesterday?
4. What is your favourite restaurant or cafe?
5. Do you prefer fast food or your mom’s cooking?
6. What is your favourite food?
7. What is your least favourite food?
8. Who cooks in your family? Who is a better cook: your mother or father?
9. Do you know how to cook well?
10. Do you enjoy spicy food?
3. In a letter to her Ukrainian pen friend Jane wrote about her favourite food. Read the letter and then answer the questions: 1) What does she like? 2) What does she hate? 3) What do her family members like and hate? After that write a similar letter to your pen friend.
4. In pairs, find out your partner’s favourite fruit, vegetable, meat, soup, snack, sweet and drink and his/her three dislikes. Then, in groups of four, compare your results. What are the food hits and food hates? Use the model to help you.
Model: What food do you like? — I love steak and ice cream.
What food do you hate? — I hate cabbage and beetroot.
The food hits in our group are hamburgers, the food hates are porridge and onion.
5. Oksanka is coming to visit Jane on Sunday. Jane is a hospitable girl. Help her to make a Sunday menu.
6. Look at the menus of restaurants. Match the names of the restaurants with the menus.
7. Interview your classmates. Make a survey and then get ready with your report on what you know about them. Use the table on page 96.
What do you usually have for breakfast?
Where do you usually have lunch?
What do you typically have for lunch?
Where do you usually have dinner?
What time do you usually eat dinner?
Do you often go to fast food restaurants? How often? Why (not)?
Is your diet healthy? Why (not)?
How often do your family eat out?
Do your parents leave tips (чайові)?
How often do you order food at your home?
Do you ever order pizza?
Do you ever order Chinese food?
What is your favourite food? How often do you eat it?
Do you enjoy spicy food? What is the hottest food for you?
The majority (більшість) of the pupils in this class … always/never… .
Most (більшість) pupils in this class … sometimes ….
Quite a few (досить багато) pupils in this class … often … .
About half (майже половина) of the pupils in this class … occasionally … .
Hardly any (майже ніхто) of the pupils in this class … normally … .
Almost no one (майже жоден) in this class …
Always, usually, often, sometimes, seldom, never, ever, normally, frequently, occasionally, rarely are adverbs of frequency.
Position of the Adverbs of Frequency
(at the beginning)
Middle (before the main verb, or after the link verb)
(at the end)
sometimes, usually, normally, often, frequently, occasionally
always, never, seldom, rarely, often, usually, sometimes, ever, normally, frequently, occasionally
Usually I get up early. Sometimes I think I’d like to live somewhere else.
I never eat Chinese food.
I am seldom late for school.
We sometimes go out for a meal.
I usually eat at home.
I go to a cafe quite often.
We eat out occasionally.