Підручник Англійська мова 7 клас (3-й рік навчання) - Л.І. Морська - Богдан 2015 рік
1. Listen and read the dialogue. Act it out in pairs. Then answer the questions after the dialogue.
Jane: Hi, Buggy. It’s Jane.
Buggy: Jane! How are you?
Jane: Fine. You can’t imagine how beautiful it is here in Odesa.
Buggy: What’s the weather like?
Jane: It’s very hot and the sun is shining.
Buggy: Where is your sister? What is she doing?
Jane: She is swimming in the sea. We have got suntans (засмага) and we are very happy.
1. What town/city are Jane and her sister in?
2. What is the weather like there?
3. Where is Jane’s sister?
4. What is she doing?
5. Are Jane and her sister happy or sad?
2. Find as many words as you can on the topic «Summer. Autumn» in the chain of letters given below.
3. You have got the answers to the questions. Say what the questions are.
1. I don’t like autumn.
2. My favourite season is spring.
3. No, it isn’t cold in spring. It’s warm.
4. Yes, the academic year finishes in spring.
5. It begins in September.
4. Read the texts and fill in the missing words.
1. Winter is a wonderful…. On a bright winter day the sun … and the trees are covered by … . We like winter for the best… of the year.
2. In early spring it is generally … . But it becomes … and is occasionally … , often thunders with ….
3. In summer most families go to the … to bathe and get … . Some people prefer to have their holidays in the mountains and … fresh … air.
5. Read the tongue twisters as quickly as you can. Then learn one of them.
• Seth at Sainsbury’s sells thick socks.
• Roberta ran rings around the Roman ruins.
• Six sick hicks nick six slick bricks with picks and sticks.
• I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish, but if you wish the wish the witch wishes, I won’t wish the wish you wish to wish.