Підручник Англійська мова 7 клас (3-й рік навчання) - Л.І. Морська - Богдан 2015 рік
Unit 8 SCHOOL LIFE
1. Listen and read the dialogue. Act it out in pairs.
Jack: Hello, Mrs. Jones. Can you help me? I am doing my homework and I can’t understand this word.
Mrs. Jonas: I can't help you now. I am watching a very Interesting programme.
Jack: Can Mr. Jones help me?
Mrs. Jonas: No, he Is busy. He is reading a newspaper.
Jack: What about Jane?
Mrs. Jonas: Well, she is talking to someone on the phone.
Jack: Who is she talking to?
Mrs. Jonas: You are asking too many questions Jack…
Jack: I am sorry Mrs. Jones. I am just practising my English.
Mrs. Jonas: Oh, I see.
2. Listen to the joke and translate it into Ukrainian. Then retell the joke in English.
Horace: Day after day the boy and his dog went out to school together until the last day came when at last they had to part (розлучатися).
Morris: What happened?
Horace: The dog graduated ([’græʤeitəd) — закінчити вчитися у навчальному закладі).
3. There are nine words in the box of letters given below. The words mean some people and things you can find in school. Find them. There are clues to help you.
1. The person who helps you to leam.
2. The thing that you carry your books to school In.
3. The thing that you use for drawing straight lines.
4. The man who makes all the rules in school.
5. The studying that you do at home.
6. The person who looks after the school buildings.
7. The thing that English schoolchildren have to wear to school.
8. A person who Is unkind to other people.
9. The thing that you use for writing In your copybook.
4. Say what your favourite subject (subjects) at school is (are). Give your reasons (Обґрунтуй причини свого вибору). Writs в-7 sentences about the way you study your favourite subject.
Model: My favourite subjects at school are History, English and Biology.
I like History lessons because they are always Interesting.
I find out many new things about the history of my country and other world countries.
At our History lessons we read different articles and books about…
5. Look at Jane’s timetable at school and say what subjects she studies.
6. Use the timetable in exercise 5 and practise saying as it is given in the model.
Model: Jane has Mathematics three times a week, (once a week, twice a week, four times a week, etc.)
7. Speak about your school timetable. You can use exercises 5 and It to help you.