Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (5-й рік навчання) - М.О. Кучма - Богдан 2017 рік
Unit 1 AUTOBIOGRAPHY
Lesson 11 Autobiography
1. Choose the alternative in each sentence which you think is true for your classmate.
1. likes/doesn’t like dancing
2. has/hasn’t watched a film on You Tube in the last two weeks
3. would/wouldn’t like to live in a foreign country
4. is/isn’t a morning person
5. is/isn’t a night bird
6. has/hasn’t got a dog
7. can/can’t sing well
8. has/hasn’t been to the cinema/theatre in the last two weeks
Model: I think my friend 1. likes dancing; 2. hasn’t watched a film on You Tube in the last two weeks; 3. …
2. Work in pairs. Use question tags to check whether your predictions were right. Use phrases given below.
Model: I. A: You don’t like dancing, do you?
B: Yes, I like actually. I really like the way our trainer conducts classes.
II. A: You like dancing, don’t you?
B: Yes, you are right. I like dancing very much.
I really like/love…
I’m really very fond of/interested in…
I find … really interesting/fascinating/exciting.
I (absolutely) hate/can’t stand…
I’m not (very) interested in…
I don’t fancy…
I find … rather boring/dull/etc.
It doesn’t bother me either way.
It doesn’t concern me.
I don’t care.
It’s OK/all right I suppose.
I don’t have an opinion on it.
Explaining what you like about something:
What I like most is…
I really like the way…
Explaining what you don’t like about something:
What bothers/annoys me the most is…
3. Add up your total number of right guesses. Tell the results to class.
4. Listen, read and remember the words and word combinations.
5. Put the words from exercise 4 in alphabet order. Make up and write down one sentence with each of them.
6. Write German/French equivalents to the English words.
Ancestor, achievement, inspire, entertainment.
7. Make up and write down nine tag questions with the words from exercise 4.
8. Listen to the joke and dramatize it.
IN THE TRAIN
Nick with his father went to see Grandmother. In the train Nick every minute put his head out of the window. His father said, «Nick, keep quiet. Don’t put your head out of the window!» But Nick went on putting his head out of the window.
Here his father took Nick’s cap quietly, hid it behind his back and said, «You see, your cap has flown». Nick was sorry for his cap and began to cry. Then his father said, «Well, whistle once! Perhaps, your cap will come back».
Nick came up to the window and whistled. Nick’s father put quickly the cap on Nick’s head.
Oh! It was wonderful. Nick was very pleased. He took quickly his father’s cap and threw it out of the window. «Now it is your turn to whistle, Dad!» said the boy.