Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (5-й рік навчання) - М.О. Кучма - Богдан 2017 рік
Unit 1 AUTOBIOGRAPHY
Lesson 12 Family Background
You know already that information about your childhood and your culture should be included in your autobiography.
As you undertake this task you will soon find your life to be unique from anyone else’s.
1. Draw your family tree. Start from your grand-grandparents.
2. Look at your family tree. Recollect and write down some information from the lives of your ancestors and their achievements.
3. Present the information about your ancestors to class.
4. Read and compare.
They are writing, aren’t they? They aren’t writing, are they?
You were writing, weren’t you? You were not writing, were you?
5. Complete the sentences with the question tags.
1. She is working away from home,_ ?
2. They are buying a box of chocolates,__ ?
3. He is giving a bunch of flowers to her, ____?
4. You are reading a story to your children, ___ ?
5. He was wearing an Italian suit,___ ?
6. They were starting the engine, _______?
7. She was beginning to get bored,_____?
8. You were showing photos of your home,_ ?
6. Recollect your place of birth. Write down what changes have taken place there since your childhood. Mention:
• public transport (poor/good)
• entertainment (leisure centres)
• hospitals (new, old)
• variety of jobs (many, few)
Use phrases given below.
• is rather like
• appears similar to
• seems like
• reminds me of
• has a lot in common with
• is pretty much the same as
• is comparable to Describing Differences
• is nothing like
• is totally different from
• varies greatly from
• has very little in common with
• is quite unlike
• bears little resemblance to
• differs dramatically from
1. Public transport in my place of birth is pretty much the same as it was 12 years ago.
2. Public transport in my place of birth was rather poor but it is good enough nowadays.