Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (5-й рік навчання) - М.О. Кучма - Богдан 2017 рік
Unit 2 CINEMA AND THEATRE
Lesson 21 Cinema
1. Listen, read and remember the words and word combinations.
2. Sort out the films above according to the following categories. Explain your choice.
1. leave/make a deep impression upon/on you
2. leave/make a lasting impression upon/on you
3. create a true-to-life image
4. deal with science
5. arouse a feeling of fear and anxiety
Model: I like three dimensional films because they arouse a fascinating feeling as if what you see on the screen is happening to you.
3. Work in pairs. Role-play short conversations. Use information from exercise 2 and phrases below:
Model: A: What do you think of horror films?
B: I absolutely hate them. They arouse a feeling of fear and anxiety.
Asking for Personal Views:
What do you think of…?
What’s your opinion of…?
How do you feel about…?
How do you like…?
I really like/love…
I’m really very fond of/interested in…
I find … really interesting/fascinating/exciting.
I (absolutely) hate/can’t stand…
I’m not (very) interested in…
I don’t fancy…
I find … rather boring/dull/etc.
It doesn’t bother me either way.
It doesn’t concern me.
I don’t care.
It’s OK/all right I suppose.
I don’t have an opinion on it.
Explaining what you like about something:
What I like most is…
I really like the way…
Explaining what you don’t like about something:
What bothers/annoys me the most is…
4. Complete the sentences below with should or ought.
1. That hat doesn’t suit you: you _______ buy another one.
2. She told her children that they ______________ always say «Please» and «Thank you».
3. He looks tired. He______ not to work so hard.
4. My grandfather is nearly seventy years old. He is still working, but he _________ to retire.
5. There are too many accidents. Everyone _________ be more careful.
5. Look at the photos. Describe the impressions the photos are making on you.