Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (5-й рік навчання) - М.О. Кучма - Богдан 2017 рік
Unit 3 LITERATURE
Lesson 34 Library
1. Interview your classmate. The questions below will help you.
1. Do you have a library in your town/village?
2. How many books are there in your school library?
3. Do you go to the district/town library?
4. How often do you go there to take out books?
5. Do you often use the reading room in the library?
6. What do you use it for?
7. What book are you reading these days? What is it about? Who is the author?
2. Listen, read and remember the words and word combinations.
3. a) Write down how often you do the following:
1. say something in your defence
2. give up something
3. discover something new
4. read fiction and non-fiction books
5. borrow books from libraries
6. pay library membership fee
7. use issuing and cataloguing system in the library
8. discuss in class/with your friend true-to-life books
b) Work in pairs. Exchange your informations. Say what you have in common with your classmate.
4. Copy out the words and word combinations (from exercise 2) you think you’ll find in the text of exercise 5. Make up three sentences with them.
5. Read about the secondary school library.
in September 2016, the Secondary School Library plays an important role in the whole community.
Secondary School Students and the Staff are automatically members Parents of the whole School are invited to become members.
Monday to Friday — 8.30 to 18.00.
A librarian is always available to provide help and support.
1) is stocked with 1600 carefully selected fiction and non-fiction books;
2) supports all levels of the Secondary curriculum;
3) provides areas for whole class research, individual study;
4) has comfortable areas for reading;
5) has daily newspapers delivered (in English and French) along with a range of magazines on subscription in English, French and German;
6) has a fully automated issuing and cataloguing system;
7) is involved with annual Book Week;
8) invites Parents to join for an annual membership fee of $15.
6. How different/similar is the library in your school? Write 12-14 sentences. Use phrases given below.
• is rather like
• appears similar to
• seems like
• reminds me of
• has a lot in common with
• is pretty much the same as
• is comparable to
• is nothing like
• is totally different from
• varies greatly from
• has very little in common with
• is quite unlike
• bears little resemblance to
• differs dramatically from