Підручник Англійська мова 9 клас (5-й рік навчання) - М.О. Кучма - Богдан 2017 рік
Unit 4 TRAVELLING
Lesson 38 Rural Tourism
1. Listen, read and remember the words.
2. Read the names of resources for rural tourism. Add some other resources.
Orchards, pottery, crafts, waterfall, weaving, wildlife, woodcarving, landscape, farms, forests, etc.
3. Divide the resources in exercise 2 into four categories:
1. something for tourist to watch
2. something for tourist to do
3. something to learn local culture
4. something to learn natural environment
4. Work in pairs. Read the dialogue. Make up and role-play a similar one.
A: You know, rural tourism is almost the most popular type of tourism nowadays.
B: That’s true. Many people from megapolises try to escape from noise, traffic jams, polluted air.
A: I can only sympathize those people. I live in the village, so I know how relaxing it is to watch birds or just fish.
5. Make notes.
1. Which elements of rural tourism are typical for your area?
2. Which adjectives will help you to describe your region and make it sound unique?
3. Which rural tourism activities would you like to participate?
6. Present your notes (exercise 5) to class.
7. Find out:
• how long there has been rural tourism;
• what sort of accommodation is available;
• what types of activities visitors can do;
• when the high and low seasons are;
• if there are any professional associations of rural tourism.
8. Make a brief report of your findings.